Fat Fast Support Group

Options
ashthulhu
ashthulhu Posts: 7 Member
A few other ladies and myself are all starting a fat fast on Monday April 22nd. I figured a support group thread would be a great idea and allow others to join in with us, offer support and offer suggestions.

<3 Ash

Replies

• BandB1979
    BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Good luck ladies!!
  • mocheetoe
    Options
    I might join you guys on this... I'm travelling this weekend so beginning a fat fast on Monday is probably a good idea. Even if I don't join this time around I'll be spying on your progress to gather ideas!
  • RachulSmachul
    Options
    I think I might join as well. My weight loss has really slowed down this month. Wondering if this kickstart might be a good idea. I've never done one. I'm sure I could research it more but perhaps one of you ladies who is familiar could give me an idea of what kind of things I can eat and how it works?
  • xtina1982
    xtina1982 Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm in. :)

If you have any kind of e-reader, grab Dana Carpender's The Fat Fast Cookbook. It's an easy read, there's some great information before the recipes, and enough high-fat options to keep things from getting old. She's also got a light, breezy, funny writing style that I really like.

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Fast-Cookbook-Recipes-ebook/dp/B00BGGBE20/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366541878&sr=8-1&keywords=the+fat+fast+cookbook

Edited to fix my non-html and ask: how long are you all planning on doing yours? I know 3-5 days is the most common.
  • mocheetoe
    Options
    Okay, I'm on board with this as of this morning. Aiming to do 3 days. Made a big batch of fat bombs last night and they're pretty delicious!
  • ashthulhu
    ashthulhu Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Fat fast chocolate milk...

Soy Slender Chocolate Soy milk (1/2 cup) and a quarter cup of heavy cream. This is better than a fat bomb to me and near perfect fat fast macros.
  • BandB1979
    BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options

Soy Slender Chocolate Soy milk (1/2 cup) and a quarter cup of heavy cream. This is better than a fat bomb to me and near perfect fat fast macros.

That sounds good. May substitute almond or coconut milk though. Try to stay away from soy
  • xtina1982
    xtina1982 Posts: 37
    Options

ooo, that reminds me...i made something like this the other night when I just wanted something warm before bed. it was a cup of unsweetened vanilla coconut milk, 3 tbsp of heavy cream, a couple of drops of ez sweetz, a splash of vanilla and a shake of cinnamon. YUM.

how'd everyone do? sadly, i felt so terrible after day one that that was really all i could do. but i'd like to try it again soonish.
  • mocheetoe
    Options
    I did two full days. after day 1 I'd lost 2 pounds, and after day 2 I'd gained a pound back (?!) so I gave it up.

Will probably try it again soon, though.