Phase 3--What are you eating?

Options
michellyn
michellyn Posts: 108 Member
I'm a little overwhelmed with all the choices for P3, but excited for tomorrow!

Over easy egg; sauteed mushrooms;1/4 avocado; Ezekial bread; raspberries
Morning snack: Hummus with red bell pepper and carrots
Lunch: Mixed greens with chicken and a proper coconut oil vinaigrette :) Grapefruit
Mid afternoon snack: celery sticks with almond butter
Supper: coconut chicken curry (http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com/sweet-and-spicy-coconut-curry-chicken/#more-1894)

Replies

• spicyi
    spicyi Posts: 18
    Options
    B: Toast with almond butter, plus Mango Smoothie pg182, add cucumber
    L: Olive and Tomato Salad pg220 add turkey slices
    D: Sesame Chicken and Rice pg225

Snacks: Celery with Almond Butter
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I wanted to buy some Almond butter but NONE of my local stores carry it and I didn't feel like going to the health food store and spending (I'm guessing here) $10 for Almond Butter. Maybe I'll check out Walmart on the way home from work.

I had the Berry Oatmeal smoothie this morning with Cellery sticks.
    Snack is cucumbers and Guacamole dip (it's so flippin good)!
    Lunch 3 Egg Salad on fresh spinach (and this is good too)!
    snack Berries and 8 0z piece of chicken
    I havn't figure out dinner yet, but I have more chicken I need to eat, so I might do the stir fry.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I found almond butter at Costco - maybe if you have one in your area you may find it there - as well if you have a Bulk Barn around they have a wide variety of wheat free products that might help
    I wanted to buy some Almond butter but NONE of my local stores carry it and I didn't feel like going to the health food store and spending (I'm guessing here) $10 for Almond Butter. Maybe I'll check out Walmart on the way home from work.

I havn't figure out dinner yet, but I have more chicken I need to eat, so I might do the stir fry.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Dont have my day planned in detail but this is what its looking like -
    Breaakfast: whole egg; 1 cup of carrot;; Ezekial bread; grapefruit
    Morning snack: Hummus with carrots and celery
    Lunch: sirloin with asparagus and a peach
    Mid afternoon snack: 1/4 cup pistachios and cucumber
    Supper: 1/2 quinos, beef tenderloin, red pepper and onions
    Late snack: almond butter and celery

Was nice to have the Ezekial bread today as i didnt know i could have it earlier the week - hurray for sprouted wheat!
  • lindaw66
    Options

I don't belong to Costco, but maybe Trader Joe's might have it.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I got it from Trader Joes. You can also make your own. Have you found the nitrate free jerky anywhere?
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I got it from Trader Joes. You can also make your own. Have you found the nitrate free jerky anywhere?

I was hoping Trader Joes woul dhave the Nitrate free jerky. I did find some on Amazon, I want to hit up Trader Joe's first and possbile have them order it for me if they can.
  • webweaver321
    Options
    I am so excited for the next three days! Not that I feel deprived, but to look at the new food choices, after the past 4 days is very exciting for me! For breakfast, I really wanted eggs over easy so I had 2 eggs on 2 pieces of sprouted grain bread and I was dismayed to see that I didn't have any of the fruit for Phase 3. I thought berries were ok but strawberries are not on the list (!?) so I decided to make a smoothie with the frozen blueberries I did have and some kale. I am pleased that I got in the fruit and veggies this way!

I didn't want to get on the scale until Monday but I HAD to when I woke up because I felt so different. So I indulged. I AM DOWN 7 POUNDS SINCE MONDAY. Now keep in mind that I do have 100 pounds to lose (ok, 93 now, LOL) and I do tend to retain water but I am thrilled nonetheless.

Wishing you all a successful day!
    Deb
  • Phatchick777
    Options
    I had oatmeat with organic pumpkin and organic blueberries. I am hoping pumpkin is an ok vegetable. I added a pkg of stevia and a bit of cinnamon. It was so delicious. I have asked f pumpkin is on the plan. I pray i did not blow my first day of Phase 3.
  • spicyi
    spicyi Posts: 18
    Options

Also, depending on where you live some of the healthier stores will have a "butter" machine so you can make your own. Then you don't have to buy a whole jar but just get the amount you want.
  • glogg4me
    glogg4me Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A word of caution is that you need to get raw not roasted almond butter. My costco only has roasted, but you can order a six pack from walmart but it is expensive so I'd check out trader joes if you have one.
  • michellyn
    Options
    I was planning to make my own since I didn't want to embark on a search for the raw kind and it's easy enough to make. But wah! I can't find my bag of almonds. So I might just have to snack on some nuts of another kind instead.
  • michellyn
    Options
    Wow, was that creamy coconut curry chicken delicious! I don't love curry powder, so I used green curry paste instead. I might try a different veggie than spinach next time--maybe zucchini. But still so, so good!
  • tenagreear
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day of phase 3. Breakfast was sprouted bread toast with egg, tomato and red onion. Almonds(raw)for a snack. Lunch was the egg salad with spinach and dinner was salmon and baked sweet potato. This morning's breakfast is the same as yesterday.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm eating way too much on this.
    Question: I saw someone was eating carrots. Is that included in Phase 3? I'm having a hard time maneuvering my way through the book, its on kindle... might have to buy a real book. :grumble:

Breakfast
    Oatmeal/coconut/nuts/coconut oil mix
    almond milk
    blueberries
    broccoli

Snack
    broccoli
    almonds
    apple

Lunch
    broccoli
    turkey
    mayonnaise
    tomato
    grapefruit

Snack
    almonds
    frozen mango
    celery

Dinner
    Lunch
    broccoli
    turkey
    mayonnaise
    tomato

I'm stuffed! Skipped the oatbran from night before, felt so full yesterday & wt. was up... but I think it was salt that did it... do you guys go up on phase 3?