DAY 2

Options
SCRIPTURE: LUKE 1:26-38
26 In the sixth month of Elizabeth’s pregnancy, God sent the angel Gabriel to Nazareth, a village in Galilee, 27 to a virgin named Mary. She was engaged to be married to a man named Joseph, a descendant of King David. 28 Gabriel appeared to her and said, “Greetings, favored woman! The Lord is with you![d]”

29 Confused and disturbed, Mary tried to think what the angel could mean. 30 “Don’t be afraid, Mary,” the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God! 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. 32 He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his ancestor David. 33 And he will reign over Israel forever; his Kingdom will never end!”

34 Mary asked the angel, “But how can this happen? I am a virgin.”

35 The angel replied, “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the baby to be born will be holy, and he will be called the Son of God. 36 What’s more, your relative Elizabeth has become pregnant in her old age! People used to say she was barren, but she has conceived a son and is now in her sixth month. 37 For nothing is impossible with God.”

38 Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her.

Replies

• paulaj1887
    Options
    41446084.png

I pray that I have the faith as Mary did. Amen
  • CASSIEWESTSUNRISE
    CASSIEWESTSUNRISE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    praying that I may be more obedient thanks for a wonderful lesson today :heart:
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    STUDY GUIDE FOCUS SCRIPTURE: LUKE 1:37-38

37 For nothing is impossible with God.” 38 Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her.

OBSERVATION
    I didn't realize that Elizabeth and Mary were related, nor that Gabriel was the one who visited them both. In addition, the angels seem to visit those that God favors, those that obey. I think it is of note that both women were warned they needn't be frightened, the angels might be frightening in appearance??

APPLICATION
    I should seek to have the attitude that Mary did regarding God and his plans for her life. Also, God seems to be more involved in the lives of those who obey, meaning if I strive to obey, then God may be more active in my life.

PRAYER
    Lord, please help me to have the faith that Mary had, to learn to accept what you want in our lives, regardless of how inconvenient or against social norms it may seem. Please help me to obey you and as a result, let you be more involved in my life. Thank you for answering my question regarding family yesterday. I hope as I dwell in your word you will "speak" to me more. Most of all, help me to mean the words, "I am the Lord's servant and I am willing to accept whatever he wants." Please help me to hear and accept what you want from my life. Please forgive my sins, in your son's name I pray, Amen.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Observation: Mary was a woman of extraodrinary Faith. when the angel of the Lord gave Mary the message that she would conceive and give birth to the Messiah. her response was Let it be according to thy word.

Application: When God gives me a specific message/ promise I need to respond as Mary Let it be according to thy word

Prayer: I ask your forgiveness for all the times I didn't believe and doubted you and your promises. I desire to change that and like Mary be a woman of extra ordinary faith. Let my response be let it be according to thy word.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    (I guess this is my 'application' part)
    My Desire: To hold on to the youthful excitement of future possibilities unhindered by the 'set in stone reality of older people" (which seems to be what Zechariah got hung up on, unlike young Mary who was full of wide eyed excitement for what God was doing)
  • kimbershep
    Options
    STUDY GUIDE FOCUS SCRIPTURE: LUKE 1:37-38

37 For nothing is impossible with God.” 38 Mary responded, “I am the Lord’s servant. May everything you have said about me come true.” And then the angel left her.

OBSERVATION
    Hearing stories and in further readings told about Mary, I found out that she was not wealthy at all but poor. In that day in time there are so many restrictions for women - rules and policies of what they can and cannot do. Of course they were not treated the same as men. However, Mary being a female and poor would not seem like the most likely person for God to use to bring forth something great. She might have been poor but Mary was rich in obedience and in her love for God. She accepted what God had in store for her not knowing what all she would have to go through. She didn't know all the details and logistics. She totally trusted God and knew if He was going to use her, He would indeed take care of her. Gabriel assured her of God's power by informing her of her cousin being pregnant in her late years indicating that God is all powerful and there isn't anything too hard for Him.

APPLICATION
    I will strive to become completely submissive to the will of God and allow Him alone to direct my every step. I will also place my total trust in Him who knows the very number of hairs on my head. I will not only verbally say that I trust God but also in my actions and my everyday living.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, I thank you for your Word that is true. I thank you for your Son, Jesus Christ. For it is truly because of Him that I stand tall as your child on today. Thank you for your mighty angels you have and use to encamp around me to protect me. Thank you for those that you use to speak to me and lead me in the right direction. Thank you for taking me while in the midst of my sins, forgiving me, cleansing me and then using me for your work and glory. Lord God I ask that you would continue to strengthen me on this journey and keep me focused on what need to be done. It is in your Son's name, Jesus Christ I pray, Amen.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    With God all things are possible. I am applying this to my weight loss. I know that if I give Him complete control of my life, including my eating/exercising that I will be victorious.