DAY 3

Options
SCRIPTURE: LUKE 1:39-56
39 A few days later Mary hurried to the hill country of Judea, to the town 40 where Zechariah lived. She entered the house and greeted Elizabeth. 41 At the sound of Mary’s greeting, Elizabeth’s child leaped within her, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

42 Elizabeth gave a glad cry and exclaimed to Mary, “God has blessed you above all women, and your child is blessed. 43 Why am I so honored, that the mother of my Lord should visit me? 44 When I heard your greeting, the baby in my womb jumped for joy. 45 You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”

The Magnificat: Mary’s Song of Praise

46 Mary responded,

“Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.
47 How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
48 For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,
and from now on all generations will call me blessed.
49 For the Mighty One is holy,
and he has done great things for me.
50 He shows mercy from generation to generation
to all who fear him.

51 His mighty arm has done tremendous things!
He has scattered the proud and haughty ones.
52 He has brought down princes from their thrones
and exalted the humble.
53 He has filled the hungry with good things
and sent the rich away with empty hands.
54 He has helped his servant Israel
and remembered to be merciful.
55 For he made this promise to our ancestors,
to Abraham and his children forever.”

56 Mary stayed with Elizabeth about three months and then went back to her own home.

Replies

• paulaj1887
    Options
    Please show me how to fear you, that I may be shown mercy. Please give me patience and steadfastness in my faith. Please forgive my sins, in Jesus' name, Amen :smile:

41446084.png
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    STUDY GUIDE FOCUS SCRIPTURE: LUKE 1:45-50
    45 You are blessed because you believed that the Lord would do what he said.”

The Magnificat: Mary’s Song of Praise

46 Mary responded,

“Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.
    47 How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
    48 For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,
    and from now on all generations will call me blessed.
    49 For the Mighty One is holy,
    and he has done great things for me.
    50 He shows mercy from generation to generation
    to all who fear him.

OBSERVATION
    Mary does not believe herself to be special, just a lowly servant girl, yet God had special plans for her.
    Also, verse 50 - this is comforting and of note that it specifies that mercy is shown to those who fear him. Although, that makes me wonder - why does he want us to fear him? Why not those who love him? (50 He shows mercy from generation to generation to all who fear him.)

APPLICATION
    In order to be shown Mercy I need to fearful of the Lord. Just because I do not feel special or significant in God's eyes, does not mean I am not.

PRAYER
    Lord, thank you this morning for answering my prayers and remind me of John Newton and his struggle with faith. Please show me how to fear you, that I may be shown mercy. Please give me patience and steadfastness in my faith. Please forgive my sins, in Jesus' name, Amen.
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Observation: Mary acknowledged the great things God has done for her

Application: I need to know and recognize God for the Great things he has done

Prayer: I thank you for healing me from Epilsey and a learning disability, for giving me the ability to talk because up until age 2 I could not. I thank you for using me for a very special purpose that started when I was a toothless toddler. I thank you for saving my life when I was close to death. for your protecting and loving hand round about me.
  • CASSIEWESTSUNRISE
    CASSIEWESTSUNRISE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    very good thanks:smile:
  • kimbershep
    Options
    STUDY GUIDE FOCUS SCRIPTURE: LUKE 1:45-50

OBSERVATION
    Having been foretold by the messenger that God performed a miracle and her older cousin was pregnant in her old age, it was so much of a confirmation for Mary to actually see her (not that she didn't believe). It was more happiness than anything. I know she trusted God but I also wonder of all the emotions flowing through her at the time. She has heard of the prophecies and promises of God but to actually be the one He chose for such a miracle to take place is on another level. Even to hear Elizabeth confirm who she was carrying and how blessed she was to be chosen for such a great purpose was reassuring to her. Both Mary and Elizabeth were very humble. They could have gotten haughty but stayed humble. People today can be so jealous and envious but Elizabeth didn't. Mary began to recognize, understand the gift he gave her and gave thanks and praises to God for blessing her and choosing her. She wasn't prideful as some would get. She kept her focus and knew that it was not and never was about her but about the world...the generations to come. God was fulfilling His promise. Reading this gives me great reassurance that His Word never return unto Him void. Whatever He says...that will He do.

APPLICATION
    I will continue to put my trust in God, knowing that He will do what He says He will do. I will try to encourage my brothers and sisters in Christ and allow myself to be encouraged as well by them as we all try to walk in the ways of the Lord daily.

PRAYER
    Heavenly Father, I thank you for truth and it being shown in your Son Jesus Christ. Thank you for sending him for us. Thank you Father for receiving me as one of your own. I ask Father that you will continue to be with me every step of the way that my life will be a witness and you will be pleased; for I know that I am nothing and can't do anything without you. Continue to strengthen my faith that it will add to the building of your kingdom. Forgive me for failing when I fall. I ask that you cast my sins as far as the east is to the west and help me through your Word to become better in those areas. I ask and pray this prayer in your Son Jesus Christ name, Amen.
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Observation: Mary acknowledged the great things God has done for her

Application: I need to know and recognize God for the Great things he has done

Prayer: I thank you for healing me from Epilsey and a learning disability, for giving me the ability to talk because up until age 2 I could not. I thank you for using me for a very special purpose that started when I was a toothless toddler. I thank you for saving my life when I was close to death. for your protecting and loving hand round about me.

This is awesome!

I praise God for healing me from Bipolar Disorder! My God is awesome!