ATTENTION NEW MEMBERS!!

Options
Thanks so much for joining this group! This is an online bible study that Katie (GracefulDancer4Christ) told me about. I haven't picked up the bible in a long time, but this has been a great plan for me! If you would like the study guide go to the following website for the downloadable study guide:

http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/living-jesus-luke-1-8/

If you are looking for a bible, there is a great free online version I use, this can be found at the following link:

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+1&version=NLT

Format:
Each day I will post the scripture reading, the portion for SOAP* will be in bold.
SOAP = Scripture, Observation, Application and Prayer

Scripture: (aka Study Guide Focus) This is the bolded portion of Scripture on each day on which to base your Observation, Application and Prayer.
Observation: Use the Scripture that is bolded to make a few observations about what you have read.
Application: Based on what you have read, write down a few ways you can apply this in your life.
Prayer: Meditate on what you have read, observed and applied, then write down a prayer to God based on what you feel and what you have learned.

If you have any questions about what you have read - please post these so the group can respond, or if you would rather not post something everyone can read I (ThePinkAlligator) or Katie (GracefulDancer4Christ) will try our best to answer you.

*NOTE: Katie and I are simply human, struggling to understand God's word, we will try our best to give accurate information, but remember that for the best answers, seek out God's word in the bible and in prayer. We encourage you to verify any clarification we may attempt using these methods.

Thanks for joining!

:heart: Erin and Katie

Replies

• KathrynNicole86
    Options
    Love this so much! Thank you Erin and Katie!

-Katy
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    you are most welcome its nice to meet you. I look forward to getting to know you guys better.
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting me join your group. I look forward to studying and growing (or shrinking as it may be :-D) with you guys!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Hi. Thanks for inviting me and doing this for others.
    I just started but will be caught up to date later today.

We moved last fall and I have not found a Bible Study to be a part of yet. I miss having my Bible study group in California. This will be nice.

A teeny Bible Study tip- I am interested in original text. (The actual Greek/Hebrew/Aramaic, not Latin translations) and I use the Strong Concordance Online. here is the link: http://www.tgm.org/bible.htm
  • kimbershep
    Options
    Thank you. I just printed the workbook and I am excited about it!
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    awesome its great to have all of you here looking forward to studying with you guys.
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    That would be the New Living Translation you are using here? (for having my side-by-side Biblegateway feature)
  • Ras_py
    Ras_py Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thank you for letting me into the group. I'm Rebekah and look forward to reading the word with you ladies!
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    Thank you for letting me into the group. I'm Rebekah and look forward to reading the word with you ladies!

Hi, Rebekah!!
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options
    That would be the New Living Translation you are using here? (for having my side-by-side Biblegateway feature)

Yep, NLT!
  • ThePinkAlligator
    Options

Hi Rebekah, I've fallen in love with your puppy! :love:
  • MrsLarCat
    MrsLarCat Posts: 118
    Options
    FYI: This is the woman formerly known as ThePinkAlligator, I've created a new profile. Thanks!
  • MrsLarCat
    MrsLarCat Posts: 118
    Options
    NEW POSTS ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO BE STICKIED AT THE TOP, SO THEY ARE THERE, YOU JUST HAVE TO LOOK FOR THEM, SORRY FOR THE INCONVIENCE!!