ISO friends doing intermittent fasting and/or low-carb

Options
TrimRocker
TrimRocker Posts: 9 Member
Hey, all!

Just getting into MFP and really liking it so far. (The mobile app pulled me away from Sparkpeople. :-( )

Anyone here currently into intermittent fasting[1] and/or low-carb[2]? If so, I'd like to make you my friends, not least because my friend count is a big zilch at this point. ;-)

-Ali

[1] or 5:2, or 8-hour diet, or alternate day fasting, etc.

[2] or Eco-Atkins, or Atkins, or South Beach -- but all vegan

Replies

• kirlia
    kirlia Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    "Low-carb vegan" is an oxymoron :(
  • Deb_le_Kess
    Deb_le_Kess Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that too! I was hoping someone would have an amazing low-carb diary. Not that I'm looking for low-carb, just lowering my carb as its crazy high right now.
  • juliedor
    juliedor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am vegan and do 5:2 fasting feel free to add me.
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I think that I am carb sensitive, but I seem to really start to crave carbs if I limit...still experimenting. I seem to lose a bit better when I limit straight up carb type things. As a vegan, low-carb is not really the same as for a meat eater! I have spent a few days where I just have 1/2 serving of cereal with breakfast as a carb and then the rest of the day I eat beans, nuts, veggies, and fruits (trying to limit to 2 servings of fruit due to sugars).

My mom talked to me about IF the other day, and I am going to do some more research on that as well. It sounds intriguing. I would defintely like to see what IF looks like for a vegan person! :)

I have an open diary (some days I forget to track, but I am pretty regular), and I accept friends. :) I am not on MFP all the time, but I do check in almost every day. :)

I am hoping that when I get to my 'ultimate' goal range that I can be a little less strict with my intake, but knowing my metabolism...probably not... :(

I am interested to see if anyone else weighs in on this topic (pun intended).