Help Please!

Options
today is 6 weeks to the day of my bypass surgery. I take all my protein and supplements daily but I am having ONE MAJOR PROBLEM.

I am down 25 pounds

I am sooo tired I can see straight...I get enough sleep I have been in touch with my nutrionist etc but nothing seems to help...any clues suggestions, tips HELP and or encoragement???

I am getting a bit desparate here I love the beneifts my surgery has given to me but I am NOT liking this exhaustion!

Please help if you can

Replies

• Prettee2B
    Prettee2B Posts: 39
    Options
    How's your protein intake? Sometimes when protein is low exhaustion comes
  • dizkat
    dizkat Posts: 5
    Options
    I am getting between 90 and 100 grams of protein a day. thanks for your help
  • Rockstarr44
    Rockstarr44 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    How about vitamins? Are you taking multivitamin, D, and B12? I had to up my vitamins and seemed to help. And how about fluids? Are you getting in your fluids? Thats about all I have to offer.
  • txin1
    txin1 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I would recommend getting your blood checked.
  • Prettee2B
    Prettee2B Posts: 39
    Options
    I agree with Twin1 sometimes if blood is too high or low will cause fatigue. Wish you the best
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Did your WLS program have 1 month post op labs done? If not they should. My program has us do them 1 month post op, 3 months post op, 6 months post op and then yearly post op. If you are having problems call your WLS program and ask them what to do. Dehydration can make you tired also. You need to get 80 oz of liquids in a day. Dehydration is the number one cause of people being re admitted to the hospital after WLS. Also make sure to get 60-80 oz of protein a day too. It does take time for your body to get used to it. It took me about 3-4 weeks. But the day after I was released from the hospital from sleeve surgery I went shopping for 4 hours !!
  • mitziku
    mitziku Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Please have your blood checked. It could be iron deficiency or it could mean a very slight leak. My friend and I had our surgeries two weeks apart. She had this experience and was very weak. Her sister is a nurse and took her to the ER. It was discovered she had a tiny leak. She needed a pint of blood and bed rest and was much better in a few days. The leak naturally sealed up. She hasn't had an issue since and just celebrated her one-year milestone on this journey. Good luck to you.
  • weebuddy36
    weebuddy36 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Agree with checking your blood work. Iron deficiency anemia is common in women of child bearing age, especially after bariatric surgery. Speak to your family doctor as well as your bariatric clinic. Keep up with your protein, vitamins and hydration. Hope you feel better soon.
  • heathermcclellan
    Options
    I agree with all the above posters but I would also like to add that you did just have MAJOR surgery. Sometimes it just takes longer to recover. 6 weeks is not a lot of time when you are talking about reovering from major surgery. I would definitely get your blood checked but also realize it just might take you longer to heal and recover. I remember being tired for at least the first 3 months. After that, I started to feel normal.

Good luck.