New- Questions

Options
psuhorseshoe
psuhorseshoe Posts: 29 Member
Hello,

I am Mallory. I think this is an awesome idea, I just had a few questions. I am sorry the answers are posted someplace, I skimmed through some of the other threads and did not see them.

First off, I use a pedometer app on my phone. I typically walk at least a mile a day at work, typically just walking in circles, but I do not count this walking on my fitness log. Instead, I just count myself as "lightly active" and feel like it would be "cheating" to count the walking at work and around the house as exersize. However, would you still count this towards to trip to Mordor?

So I guess it was really just one question, for now.
Thanks!

Replies

• Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group. It's always fun to see who is joining. It's a LONG journey and I think we should all use what ever it takes to keep us motivated. If you want to count that daily mile, go for it!
  • BrookieHatesCookies
    BrookieHatesCookies Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!

I have a couple questions:

Does biking count mile per mile?

and

Does any type of machine count (eg. Elliptical, Bike Machine, Treadmill, etc) ?

I'm not counting walking around/inadvertent exercise or using a pedometer

:tongue:
  • Jaessa
    Jaessa Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I feel anything that gets you moving should count. The hobbits used ponies and boats, so biking and machines would just be a modern version. It's nice to have you with us!
  • BrookieHatesCookies
    BrookieHatesCookies Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thanks!! I'm already 26 miles in, making my way to the Old Forest First, and I'm bookin it!! Trying to get to Rivendell by June 20th :smile: