choices choices and more choices!! 4/19

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
Ok, troops as I learn you do too. I brought snacks but ate them up in traffic since no lunch. Last night hungry after dinner and went to vending machine!!! OMG!!! The demons in tbere!!! I decided on peanut whew!!! So what would you choose?
I had choice between cracker chips, Doritos, Fritos, granola bar, candy bars, r
Regular chips, skittles, pretzels, cheese filled crackers, gum, and infamous honey buns.
Sorry at training otherwise I would send a real vending machine.
Oh would you deal with this hungry and at hotel.

Peace,
WW

Replies

• WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, this would be tough for me because of my food allergies, but allergies aside, with the choices you gave I would go for the granola bar (probably because I've been craving a good cruncy granola bar and can't find one that doesn't have peanuts, soy, or wheat in it... I miss nature valley granola bars!) If I had to choose from those listed based on my allergies, I'd most likely have to get the regular chips, fritos, or skittles (only three that don't have one of the allergens in them.) I looked at the vending machines in the break room after I saw this and if I had to choose from ours, it would be the hershey's bar with almonds or the life savers everything else is a no-no for me
  • Keema2003
    Keema2003 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love granola bars! Even though I would crave a twix. I would go with the granola!
  • tessavonhagen
    tessavonhagen Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    i would have either chose something withs peanuts or granola
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    If you have a smart phone you sit in front of the machine, calculating what snack won't kill you.

If you don't, just guess that anything cake-like is going to be around 500 calories.

If you find any Salisitas chips you're in luck. They're probably the best thing you can find in a vending machine.

*You can trust me. I'm a vending machine warrior.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    Having been in a similar situation, I walked to the closest convience store and bought almonds or a banana. If they have breakfast in the morning, I always take an extra banana and yogurt and put it in the fridge, if they have one in the room. And I didn't buy at the vending machine.

But if I had to, I might go with the granola bar but I don't like most of those. Often, I just drink an extra glass of water and go to sleep early.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Yeah you guys rock! I just wanted us to be prepared for any challenge in the future and how would you pick the worse of the evils or do what Ms Verde said and just go to bed...that was not an option for me because my stomach was growling! The plain peanuts were a winner!
    Sometimes challenges are mental not just how many push-ups can you do!
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    I was just reading the comments posted after mine and realized I didn't address the hotel side of it (I'm becoming an expert on this with travelling for work) I started being prepared for the late night munchies that invariably happen because I don't have access to things like I do at home, I usually have some protein bars and single serving packets of protein powder with me, especially when I fly so that way I have something for on the flight too (I bring enough for each day of the trip for just in case situations so I always have extra) and I bring single serving Ziploc baggies with my GF oatmeal so I can make oatmeal in the coffee maker, so I have that if I need it.
    If I can I scope out my area and after I finish supper I'll run to a drug store and buy a small bottle of milk (I always have a glass of milk before bed) and if there's no fridge, I fill the ice bucket with ice to keep it cold til I'm ready. If I have a fridge in my room, I'll look for a grocery store instead of a drug store and get enough milk for however long I'm there and get some apples and/or bananas some frozen dinners (if there's a microwave,) yogurt and a pack of plasticware and paper plates. That way I don't have to eat out too often (saves money since the state reimbursement for food is not great and this way I get reimbursed for more than I spend and helps reduce the calorie, sodium, saturated fat intake of eating out), if I'm at a conference at the hotel, then I don't have to worry if they don't provide I lunch I can eat, I can go to my room and have more than a protein bar for lunch and I have good for me snacks in the room
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I am late replying but life does that sometimes.

I have to say because I am an emotional eater this question is difficult. What I can tell you is when I worked at the hospital the vending machine was a frequent occasion. The choices were varied dependent upon mood and craving. I have chosen fruit snacks, cheese crackers, TGIF potato skin chips, Reese, snickers, trail mix, cookies (any and all kinds)... The list goes on.

These days I remind myself of my policy. Since I hate to break rules, making policies work for me. First if I over eat I then have to burn off the excess. Second if I want to eat junk then I must eat a full serving of vegetables. Today it came in handy to be a rule abider. I resisted the desire to eat Sonic. Trust me I wanted to. But going back to old ways and breaking rules would send me over the edge.

I do try to be prepared. For instance today I had my daughter get out the sugar snap peas to take on the road but goofy me left them at home. Oh well, it all worked out. I still ended up having my vegetables.