Where are you gaining weight?

Options
jaimemariel
jaimemariel Posts: 183 Member
Other than our expanding bellies and fun bags, where else are you putting on extra pounds?

I've noticed my legs feel a lot bigger. They also feel pretty solid, just... bigger, and my pants (which miraculously still fit at 18 weeks) are tighter in the thighs and calves. Also my back and bra line. My arms however, feel the same or smaller.

Anyone else feeling weight gain in weird parts of the body? Maybe its not weird at all, but no one told me I would gain weight all over! I fully expected belly only.

Replies

• kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    At 27 weeks with a 8 pound gain and I would say at the moment it is all bump and boob, but I expect my face to start filling out soon and my theighs to get bigger. :) My rib cage and hips are a lot bigger but this is due to the rib cage and pelvis expanding, not so much from weight gain. My rib cage is probably 4 inches bigger than before pregnancy. It's crazy!
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    When I was pregnant with my daughter I gained everywhere! Face, hips, thighs, etc. With both boys (my son and this baby) it really is only coming on in my belly. My pants fit and button at 31 weeks despite gaining 18 lbs so far. My boobs have barely gone up one size when with my daughter I went up 3 sizes.
  • LauriesTrying2BeFit
    LauriesTrying2BeFit Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    iv really worked hard this pregnancy to not gain anywhere other than bump! so far so good at 33 weeks iv gained almost 12lbs and its all on my belly, hips and boobs :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    LOL @ fun bags :smile:

I'm gaining everywhere. I did last time, too. I mean, it's mostly belly and boobs, but it's gone to my thighs, butt, upper arms, ribs, etc. Even my collarbones have kind of disappeared. The only place I don't look much bigger is my face. It's filled out slightly but not that much. Maybe it's working its way up there, and I'll get a really fat face, but the rest of my head will be normal, and I'll have a cone head :wink:
  • ehg87
    ehg87 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    With my daughter I gained 19lbs was all belly and boobs, and wore my size 7 jeans until I went into labor, lol. When I was pregnant with my son I was ravenous the whole pregnancy, I gained 60lbs which seemed to be entirely in my butt and thighs. Even large maternity pants were too small. I had to wear maternity dresses. ( I also swelled REALLY bad.) This time it's another girl, and I've gained 30lbs so far (34 weeks) primarily in my belly and boobs again. I'm still in regular jeans though slightly modified with a hair band.
  • laurab1217
    laurab1217 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    At almost 36 weeks and up 21 lbs, I'm all boobs and belly.....I was instantly up a cup size by the end of the first trimester....of course I do notice less definition in other parts of my body from not being able to do my normal insanity routine or long runs.....but I can still put on my prepregnancy jeans (including skinny jean cut), just can't button them since the baby has dropped.
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    iv really worked hard this pregnancy to not gain anywhere other than bump! so far so good at 33 weeks iv gained almost 12lbs and its all on my belly, hips and boobs :)

Well done!

I'm at 27 weeks, and I've gained about 7 lbs so far. Working hard as well to keep weight gain to the necessary amount (I was overweight to begin with). Been going to the gym consistently still; pretty much everything is the same except for belly and boobs (my arms are smaller, but I've been working on them).
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I noticed my whole upper body got unusually big after my last pregnancy...my thighs came in second. lol. I'm not as big this time and hope it stays that way! It's a struggle though...