Phase 1 - What did you eat today?

Options
michellyn
michellyn Posts: 108 Member
Raspberries with steel cut oats.
Mango
Turkey deli meat in brown rice wrap with a little mild mustard and tomatoes, red bell pepper, and mixed organic greens.
A pear.
A burger patty with Ezekial bread. Sauteed onions and mushrooms. Raw red bell pepper.

Replies

• lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I had an apple at 4:30 am, then for breakfast I had the oatmeal smoothie with Mango (2 servings). My snacks were 2 cups of cantelope. Lunch was open faced Turkey Sandwich on Sprout bread with mustard and lettuce and 4 slices of tomato with sea salt and pepper (2 servings). Dinner - Turkey Chili. I was supposed to have 3 cups, but I ate 1 cup and then went on a 5 mile walk with my daughter, and my girlfriend and her three daughters. By the time we got back home almost 3 hours later it was 9pm! I didn't have time to eat more. I had a few strawberries and made my meals for the next day and went to bed and slept like a baby!
  • vhannah53
    vhannah53 Posts: 14
    Options
    breakfast yesterday was 2 pieces of fruit (oranges) 2 cups of oatmeal...very hard to eat it all..
    breakfast today: 2 slices of french toast (sprouted grain) and 1 cup of strawberries.. I sure hope I am doing these portions correctly.:noway:
  • lindaw66
    Options
    breakfast yesterday was 2 pieces of fruit (oranges) 2 cups of oatmeal...very hard to eat it all..
    breakfast today: 2 slices of french toast (sprouted grain) and 1 cup of strawberries.. I sure hope I am doing these portions correctly.:noway:

You have the portions correct. I chose oatmeal too, but I did the smoothie with fruit and water and stevia. It's a little easier for me to sip on that for a while then try to eat 2 cooked bowls!
  • vhannah53
    vhannah53 Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you for your replys.. I think I am going to like this support link...
    vera
  • deedee0529
    Options
    day 1: steel cut patmeal amd raspberries for breakfast, apple for am snack, steak salad, torrtilla and mago/pinaplle for lunch, clementine oranges for pm snakc and crockpot salsa chicekn with brown rice and broccoli for siner. Very satisfying day.
    Day2: same as day 1 except for lunch I had spaghetti squash w/homemade marina and chicekn sausage.
  • michellyn
    Options
    My Day 2:

French Toast with strawberries
    Orange
    Tuna and diced tomatoes served over mixed greens, drizzled with Balsamic Vinegar mixed with Truvia; grapefruit; Crunchmaster crackers
    Mango with raspberries
    Spaghetti with homemade sauce served over Tinkyada brown rice noodles; steamed asparagus with a squeeze of lemon
    Good Earth Sweet and Spicy Original Caffeine free tea
  • blubutterfly62
    Options
    Sounds good. I may use this menu for tomorrow.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I just saw a good idea for a phase 1 snack, microwave apple slices with cinnamon and stevia, and apparently it taste like apple pie!
  • cshank712
    Options
    i love oats and have been eating them a long time. My question: I have a large stash of instant oatmeal, and I travel alot, so used them on the road. Can I use instant oatmeal???
  • cshank712
    Options
    how did you post the cute weight loss tracker?
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Phase 1 Smoothie

1/2 cup unsweetened rice milk
    1 cup frozen sliced peaches
    1/4 cup canned white beans ( line cannellini, navy or great northern)
    1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
    pinch of nutmeg

So if you are wanting a break from the oatmeal, this might be good.
  • cshank712
    Options
    figured out the weight loss ticker:):smooched:
  • lindaw66
    Options
    i love oats and have been eating them a long time. My question: I have a large stash of instant oatmeal, and I travel alot, so used them on the road. Can I use instant oatmeal???

Do you have a Facebook page? If so, you can find The Fast Metabolism Diet on FB, and ask your question there. Haylie responds fairly quickly.

I would think it would be okay as long as it was plain oatmeal as the other other meal with flavor would have sugar and other things added that you can't have.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal with pumpkin apple and cinnamon

mango and rice milk smoothie

Lentils with spinach and carrots and brown rice 1/2 a sweet potato and an apple

mango sorbet

bison chili and brown rice

I made the chili last night and froze half but my 10 year old had 2 bowls of it and my 14 month old loved the lentils and brown rice. Love when we all can eat the same things. I knew there was something wrong with previous diets when I didn't want to give my kids my "diet" food because I was worried about what was in it. Why would I eat it?
  • motochick179
    Options
    Yesterday I ate steel cut oats with strawberries for breakfast, pear for snack, chicken and brown rice bowl with some strawberries on the side, apple for snack, and ground turkey with beans and organic salsa on sprouted grain tortilla with some beets on the side.
  • tgardenhire
    Options
    I just ordered the book on my Nook today and I joined here, and got the app. I will start reading the book this evening :0) Was peeking in at the foods you all are eating and are you sure this is a diet? That looks like a lot of good food! I am hoping after reading the book I can find easy food and can start right away without a big grocery store trip.
  • michellyn
    Options
    Today:
    Grapefruit (had snack early and breakfast later)
    Steel cut oats with mango (frozen bag from Dollar Tree--surprisingly sweet, even though the mangoes are unsweetened)
    Brown rice wrap with turkey, mixed greens, tomatoes, and mild mustard, Grapefruit
    Strawberries
    Homemade Turkey Chili (My own recipe)
  • marisanmike
    marisanmike Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yesterday for lunch I had brown rice, celery, chick peas and strawberries with a little bit of balsamic vinegar. Few of my co-workers were jealous. It was yummy and so colorful. :tongue:
  • its3adi
    its3adi Posts: 5
    Options
    Seeing as we need to eat three times and snack three times a day, how often are you guys eating? When your day starts at 7am it's manageable I imagine, but if you're on holiday/day off/weekend and get up late, how does one manage all the food timings?