hats for the homeless

Options
bcsk8r
bcsk8r Posts: 9 Member
ok first off im new here. i have been using this through my phone for the past week and i just now started on the computer itself. Anyways i recently joined a volunteer groupe here in my area called hats for the homeless. I talked to the person in charge once and havent really heard form her since. i was wondering if anyone else out ther have heard of them and have any oppion on the group?

Replies

• joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have heard of them, not every area has a group local. They do good work. If you are uncomfortable working with the group, you can always donate directly to your local soup kitchen, or free medical clinic.
  • bcsk8r
    bcsk8r Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    thank you my main concern is that i havent heard much from the person who is in charge and it makes me a little nervous
  • joeysrib
    joeysrib Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I understand that, that's why I donate to my local free medical clinic, or you could try your local ER, they see homeless people everyday.
  • CourtneyHollinger
    CourtneyHollinger Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Have you checked into a childrens hospital? The one in my area has lots of teenagers and they love hats. A friend of mine works there. If you cant find a place let me know. Also some local church's do things for the homeless too.