What's in a voice?

Options
13»

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

As for comedians I think that women have actually progressed a lot and finally are moving away from "MY BOYFRIEND DOESN'T UNDERSTAND MY PERIOD" jokes that only make sense to other women (and even then, barely).

We're on the same wavelength there honey. I find all the period gags quite nauseating! Along with all the other stereotypical 'female' diatribe. I'm glad you found some that have moved on from that garbage :bigsmile:
  • julesboots
    julesboots Posts: 311 Member
    Options

As for comedians I think that women have actually progressed a lot and finally are moving away from "MY BOYFRIEND DOESN'T UNDERSTAND MY PERIOD" jokes that only make sense to other women (and even then, barely).

We're on the same wavelength there honey. I find all the period gags quite nauseating! Along with all the other stereotypical 'female' diatribe. I'm glad you found some that have moved on from that garbage :bigsmile:

Tig Notaro is a bad *kitten*. Love : )
  • SolanumSunrise
    SolanumSunrise Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I like unique sounding female singers. I'm a big fan of Regina Spektor and Imogen Heap because they're not afraid to sound "weird" and use their voice as an actual instrument, breaking away from the standard "this is how pretty sounds" that I think is so boring.

Ooh, I <3 Regina Spektor! Took my girlie to see her in concert last fall.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this is one of the many reasons i dont spend too much time emailing and texting on the rare occasions i meet someone from online. what works best for me is initial email, then a phone call,then a meeting. i see no reason to delay that first in person meeting.

and yeah, i like guys with deep manly voices. :love:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    I prefer deep voices. Some accents are an immediate turn-off, like Bah-stin and Lang Eyelind. Ugh. Can't stand 'em (no offense to anyone here who's from there!).

I :heart: most English accents (yes, I can tell the difference, though I can't always pin-point what area... comes from watching too much football). Scottish, as long as I can actually understand the person is hot, and Irish, well, :drinker:

Aussie and NZ accents............................. :love: :smooched:
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Yeah Some of the north eastern accents are pretty terrible. I do tech support so I hear people all over the country every day. I'd have to say south eastern accents, like the carolinas or just south in general, on younger girls is pretty sexy, southern belle and all. Most foreign accents on women are a turn on, especially British, certain hispanic countrires and Australia/New Zealand.

I personally don't like my own voice, I doubt there is anything actually wrong with it, and no one has every said anything, I just hate hearing myself talk lol