Why Doesn't The TARDIS like Clara - Spoilers, Sweetie!!

Options
rbartlett9671
rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
So this has come up in previous episodes... but was addrssed head on in tonight's ep, Hide...

Why doesn't the TARDIS like Clara? Jealousy? Or is it because - as it's been hinted - Clara is not what she seems and might actually be a baddie??

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I haven't come up with anything myself and I am hopeful next weeks episode provides more clues. I doesn't help that Clara keep calling TARDIS a cow!
  • phoenix7039
    Options
    I'm curious to see where this all goes as well. I'm not so sure Clara is a baddie though. Hard not to miss the Ponds and River although I like Clara and am intrigued.
  • weefreemen
    weefreemen Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    The Tardis didn't like Captain Jack Harkness either after he became immortal, it tried to throw him off when they ended up at the end of the universe. The Doctor always called him an Impossible Thing as well as he couldn't die, maybe something similar for Clara?
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    I didn't know that about Cap'n Jack... hmmm... interesting... so who/what is Clara??
  • weefreemen
    Options
    We are always being told about fixed points in time and space, Captain Jack was one, maybe Clara is another. Something similar happened to Donna as well in the episode Turn Left where an entire alternative universe was created around her. Even the Doctor can die, although they "cheat' death by regenerating, but they can actually die if something goes wrong with the regeneration, so he isn't technically immortal in the same way Captain Jack was....
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    A very minor quibble, but Captain Jack can die. It's just that he comes back.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I also think it has something to do with her existing outside the normal rules of Time, like Jack. But it also seems a bit personal with the TARDIS getting all snarky and basically calling her self-absorbed.

If I HAVE to pick a side, I'm with Sexy.
  • SlvrBluGoddess
    SlvrBluGoddess Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I also think it has something to do with her existing outside the normal rules of Time, like Jack. But it also seems a bit personal with the TARDIS getting all snarky and basically calling her self-absorbed.

If I HAVE to pick a side, I'm with Sexy.

I agree... Sexy should always win. :wink:

Maybe the TARDIS doesn't like Clara because the Doctor is so absorbed in finding out about her (Clara)... he isn't really paying much attention to her (Sexy)?
  • rbartlett9671
    Options
    Yeah, I think it's basically jealousy....
  • weefreemen
    Options

But technically speaking he did finally die, as the Face of Boe with the 10th Doctor...
  • AngryDiet
    AngryDiet Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options

But technically speaking he did finally die, as the Face of Boe with the 10th Doctor...

Which definitely refutes the assertion that he couldn't die.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

Which definitely refutes the assertion that he couldn't die.
    It is just really difficult for him to stay dead.