Am I doing ok ..?,

Options
linski24
linski24 Posts: 155 Member
What weight does everyone lift ..?? (For those that lift) I'm on week 6 of SL 5x5 and squatting 90lbs, OHP 55lb, bench press 65lb, barbell row 75lb and deadlifts only 95lb as that's all my weight set goes up to .... Need to pay credit card off and get new set ..!!! Just wanted to see if I'm doing ok x

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Those are great numbers!

Don't worry about what everyone else is lifting though.....everyone progresses a different levels due to different experience levels and such and it's most certainly not an indication of how "well" you are doing! As long as you are progressing you are doing wicked awesome!

Keep up the great work :happy:
  • linski24
    Options
    Oh thankyou ... I feel I should be lifting heavier ... But I'll listen to your advice x
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options
    Please do....but if it makes you feel better, I'm just starting my 8th week of my second cycle of SL and I'm at 55lbs for OHP and 66lbs for bench :) Those lifts are super tough for me!
  • linski24
    Options
    Oohhh the same then :-) they are super tough for me too :-)
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Currently I am at Session 17 / Week 6

Squat 100lbs
    BP 50 lb
    Row 55lb
    Deadlift 115lb
    OP 45lb (yes still)

OP and BP are my worst but I just keep trying to get a good 5x5 before moving up
  • Amazing1985RSD
    Options
    Squat 225 (3x5)
    Press 112 (1x5)
    Bench 170 (3x5)
    Deadlift 250 (1x5)

That's after making a significant 10% drop on each lift after taking off on vacation for three weeks.

But I think you're doing great. All you really need to worry about is your diet, your form and sticking to the program.
  • linski24
    Options
    Kopmom you're round the same stage as me .. Fab :-) you're doing well too x

Amazing ..... Wow .!!! I assume blokes will always progress quicker than women ..???
    Your lifting amazing weights..!!!! Can't see me ever getting to where you are x

I do try and get good form and always googling how to lift ..!
    And I'm loving it so I do always keep at it x
    I finished week 7 of SL last week ...

Heybales says that on a programme with six blokes it took about 16 weeks to see any difference ...
    So watch this space lol
  • Judas_Queen
    Judas_Queen Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Please do....but if it makes you feel better, I'm just starting my 8th week of my second cycle of SL and I'm at 55lbs for OHP and 66lbs for bench :) Those lifts are super tough for me!

these are my worst! OHP i've been stuck at 27.5 kg for what seems like forever and stalled on BP at 42.5 kg. Not gonna make it much higher so will work at it further in my next round.

@ linski - your weights seem good though :)
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Options

these are my worst! OHP i've been stuck at 27.5 kg for what seems like forever and stalled on BP at 42.5 kg. Not gonna make it much higher so will work at it further in my next round.

@ linski - your weights seem good though :)

I think you should try 3x5 on those lifts :)
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options

Or stagger 5x5 (go up by 2.5 to 5 lbs on each set, with 1 high working set for the day).

For example, my highest on bench is 62.5, so my 5x5 looked something like 45x5, 50x5, 55x5, 60x5 and 62.5. On the last set I make a decision if I want to go higher or stick with my previous session weight (set #4 is set at my previous high weight, and set #5 is going to be either the same or higher, depending on how I'm doing that day). It takes a little math on the front end, but once you got the numbers worked out, the system is actually very straightforward and the it's just a matter of loading the plates and going for it. :smile:

There's no Stronglifts/5x5 police that's going to come knocking on your door to make sure you hit 5 sets across the same weight. So do whatever works for you would be my advice.
  • linski24
    Options

Or stagger 5x5 (go up by 2.5 to 5 lbs on each set, with 1 high working set for the day).

For example, my highest on bench is 62.5, so my 5x5 looked something like 45x5, 50x5, 55x5, 60x5 and 62.5. On the last set I make a decision if I want to go higher or stick with my previous session weight (set #4 is set at my previous high weight, and set #5 is going to be either the same or higher, depending on how I'm doing that day). It takes a little math on the front end, but once you got the numbers worked out, the system is actually very straightforward and the it's just a matter of loading the plates and going for it. :smile:

There's no Stronglifts/5x5 police that's going to come knocking on your door to make sure you hit 5 sets across the same weight. So do whatever works for you would be my advice.

Lol :-)
    I like your idea..!!! I mght try this ...
    Thankyou x
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Lol :-)
    I like your idea..!!! I mght try this ...
    Thankyou x

No problem! It's actually not my idea at all, but is actually a more traditional 5x5 format. Stronglifts is just one variation of [/b]many[/b]. That's what I mean when I say "Mehdi doesn't own the 5x5". I know he makes a big deal out of "I'm offering this powerful program to you for free!" when in reality he has to offer it for free because he doesn't own the rights to the concept (nobody does, nor will anybody, ever). Stronglifts is just a straight-across 5x5, and there's no magic to it nor is it unique in any way. It's completely fine to try out variations if straight across doesn't work for you.