Weekly Chat Thread Mon 4/22 - Sun 4/28

Options
rachpetersen
rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
Good morning my turbo fire friends!! Hope ya'll had a wonderful weekend and pushed through your workouts!! It's a new week...let's start it off right!! I am on fire and super excited...I made it to my halfway point in my weight loss goal as of yesterday morning!!! 18 lbs down...18 more to go! So happy! Here is a link to my blog about it if you want to read :)http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/rachpetersen/view/halftime-pep-talk-11-tips-to-git-r-done-521809

HIIT 15 + Tone 30 + 110 squats done this morning!! Feel the BURN!!

Replies

• angie_04
    angie_04 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Fire45 EZ=DONE! With gloves:bigsmile: Burned 72 more calories with em:drinker:
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Congrats Rach on your success so far, that's great!

Starting week 19, yes that's right week 19. Started wearing 2.5lb ankle weights yesterday, along with my 1.5lb weighted gloves I'm carrying an extra 8lbs while I'm working out. At first I thought maybe that was too much, I'm over doing it, then I thought, HELL NO! I was carrying around an extra 76lbs for years, 8lbs is nothing. I got this.
  • Vini9
    Vini9 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    ^^^^just be careful with your knee joints with the ankle weights they can do some damage. I wear mine as high on my calves as I can since I am pretty sure you didn't carry all you weight on your ankles. :) I wear a weighted vest sometimes when I workout. It helps get the heart rate up and I stap it really tight so It doesn't slide around. I also wear it when doing CLX, makes them push ups tougher. I do so much better when I don't wear it but I do enjoy a challenge now and again. I did CLX today and a HIIT. Man I haven't done a HIIT in awhile. Felt pretty good :) keep pushing play ladies!!!
  • HeatherBrookmyer
    HeatherBrookmyer Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Did my first HIIT today, LOVED it!!!
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Starting Week 3 today!!!! Love Turbo Fire!!!! Tonight I am doing 45EZ for the first time....excitied to see how fun it is....

Have a GREAT day everyone!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    @Vini9, I'm actually upgrading from 1lb to 2.5lb, so this isn't new for me. I have bad knees, arthritis and damaged cartlidge and in fact I was really surprised in the improvement in my mobility when I started wearing them. Though I find I can not walk in them, not even just around the house, but for Turbo Fire they work great.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I ended up taking yesterday off (Fire 30 and Sculpt 30) because I'd been working out every day, sometimes twice a day, and was just too tired! Today is my scheduled rest day for Turbo, but we had run club this morning. I plan on combining Core with Fire 45 later in the week which frees up Friday to make up the Fire 30 and Sculpt 30. Recovery week next week, can't wait to have some shorter workouts so I can run some more before my race!
  • ghostlyy
    ghostlyy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Fire 30 + Stretch 10 after taking Sat & Sunday instead of just Sat for a rest day... On track & here we go! Feels good to know I'm doing something to better my body every single day!
  • lremi
    lremi Posts: 59
    Options
    Fire 30 and Tone 30 today. I am becoming convinced the resistance band is trying to knock me off balance and kill me,
  • rachpetersen
    rachpetersen Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Fire45EZ and Stretch 10 this morning...that little irish dance is growing on me (with your heels)...ever time I do the workout I get better at it!
  • v_wich86
    v_wich86 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I just joined this group today and am on week 3 of Turbofire. Today's workout: HIIT 25 + Stretch 10. I joined the group because I thought it would help my motivation, it fluctuates.. One day I'm like "I can do this!" and others I'm like "Do I have to do this?" I'm impressed with how excited everyone here is about their workouts, and am looking forward to checking in weekly for the added accountability. Go Hotties!!
  • angie_04
    Options
    HIIT 15+Abs10+Stretch10=DONE:bigsmile:

I feel really great today!!!
  • crystallight711
    crystallight711 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and say hello to my fellow Turbo hotties. You are all doing awesome! :) I'm still doing TF workouts a couple times a week, rotating the strength focused dvds and doing 2 TF HIITs/week along with running & some 30 day shred. Turbofire was what finally made something click for me that I wanted to live a fit life!
    Don't wait until you've reached your goal to be proud of yourself... Be proud of yourself for every step you take towards you goal.

Also NSV to share, I bought a new swimsuit. Thank you Turbofire for the improved me!
    172rll.png
  • ghostlyy
    Options
    Just finished my first ever Fire 55 EZ and whoooo it kicked my butt!! I thought I'd quit in the middle, but I pushed through! It's amazing how much doing TF has made me realize HOW truly out of shape I am, but it only motivates me more!! I feel great right now though and I can't wait until I start to see some results! Keep it up everyone! This group REALLY keeps me motivated to come in and check in, so thanks everyone for participating!!
  • tara9blur
    tara9blur Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fire 30 and Tone 30 today. I am becoming convinced the resistance band is trying to knock me off balance and kill me,

Ha ha ha ha!!!! I know what you mean!!
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    HIIT 25 and Stretch 10 done today!!! Loved it although I was interrupted 1/2 through by my kiddies... The school called so I had to bring my oldest some medicine for a headache! But I still finished my workout when I got home :-)

Glad tomorrow is my scheduled rest day! With it being that time of the month I need a break. Lol
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Fire 30/Tone 30 today! Amazed I got through before someone woke up, I was really dragging my feet at nap time today.
  • ghostlyy
    Options
    Fire 30, Stretch 10! It killed me today!! I dont know what that was about, but I'm determined to keep going! Guess there's a prep schedule? Oh well... lol. Where's all my TF hotties at??
  • angie_04
    Options
    Fire45Class+Stretch10=DONE

Today is my halfway mark!! 42 days completed and following the calendar to a T!!! Yayyyyyyy:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Thanks everyone for your support on here:bigsmile:
  • ghostlyy
    Options
    Congrats, Angie on half way!! I bet it feels great :)