Another shooting?

Options
2stepz
2stepz Posts: 814 Member
CNN is reporting a gunman on campus of MIT with shots fired and one cop down. (As of midnight EDT).

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    OMG.........again! :noway: WTF!!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    It was one the bombers. One is now dead the other at large.

There have been so many conflicting reports but they are Chechen brothers that imigrated to the US either 1 or 10 years ago. Ages 26 and 19. Other than that too much up in the air about the story.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Stay safe PJ & Kate.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Stay safe PJ & Kate.

Thanks! Holy crap the live news is Insane here!!!!! :noway: I work in downtown Boston for a school that closed early, so I never had to leave my house this morning, which is miles north of all the action.

I haven't heard from Kate, but she's even farther north than I am so I hope and assume she's safe too!
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Stay safe PJ & Kate.

Thanks! Holy crap the live news is Insane here!!!!! :noway: I work in downtown Boston for a school that closed early, so I never had to leave my house this morning, which is miles north of all the action.

I haven't heard from Kate, but she's even farther north than I am so I hope and assume she's safe too!

I'll bet it is!! I listened to CNN on my drive in this morning and can't even imagine. I really hope they catch this man soon and he doesn't hurt anyone else. :(
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    please stay safe!! this craziness from the father about if you kill my other son there will be havoc is horrible!!
  • zachatta
    zachatta Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Why do people allow the mass media to delude them into thinking the world is more or less evil than it was (insert arbitrary number of years ago).

The world has evil in it. There will be bad things that happen. I get it, sympathy for the victims, but violence isn't a new thing under the sun.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    I don't believe that it's any more evil now than it was in the past. However, I do feel that we need to come together to offer whatever support we can during those times.
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Why do people allow the mass media to delude them into thinking the world is more or less evil than it was (insert arbitrary number of years ago).

The world has evil in it. There will be bad things that happen. I get it, sympathy for the victims, but violence isn't a new thing under the sun.

Definitely. We should never care about anything ever because blah blah blah

/trendy and cynical bullsh*t.

Aren't you just the coolest person ever. Just because something isn't "new" doesn't mean it can't be shocking - in fact I would say it's probably a good sign that a population is appalled by violence such as the Boston marathon. The moment we start shrugging our shoulders and saying "sucks for them" is the moment we accept it and no longer actively desire to be without it.

Always strive to be better.