question/ answer

Options
I know I have alot of questions and I hope we can discuss among ourselves to find the answers out.
first one for me is PORTIONS!!!
I have read and reread Haylie's book. Am I understanding this correctly. with each meal I need to double the portions for each meal & snack because I need to lose 55 pounds? For breakfast I had 2 cups of oats and 2 oranges, I could barely finish it and then I had a pear and a orange for a snack...it seems like too much food. top it off I gained a pound overnight!!!!
this morning I had 2 slices of french toast and 1 cup of strawberries...

2nd question: Haylie said that we could have pretzles, but aren't they made from wheat? anyone know what brand we can have?

Replies

• michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Haylie has said on the FB page that you can do 1 1/2 portions if 2 portions feels like too much for you. That's what I'm doing. 1 1/2 seems like plenty to me.

I'm guessing the only pretzels allowed might be gluten free pretzels? But I didn't remember hearing that pretzels were allowed.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I know I have alot of questions and I hope we can discuss among ourselves to find the answers out.
    first one for me is PORTIONS!!!
    I have read and reread Haylie's book. Am I understanding this correctly. with each meal I need to double the portions for each meal & snack because I need to lose 55 pounds? For breakfast I had 2 cups of oats and 2 oranges, I could barely finish it and then I had a pear and a orange for a snack...it seems like too much food. top it off I gained a pound overnight!!!!
    this morning I had 2 slices of french toast and 1 cup of strawberries...

2nd question: Haylie said that we could have pretzles, but aren't they made from wheat? anyone know what brand we can have?

You are correct on the portions and I'm doing the same, doubling all the portions. All though I couldnt get through 3 cups of Turkey Chili last night, I only had 1. I remember seeing something about the pretzels too, but I don't remember if she mentions a brand. I've gotten some information from facebook, and twitter and her website, http://www.fastmetabolismdiet.com/. I'm at work right now, but I'll try to research that and get back to you:smile:
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Spelt pretzels! Look on Amazon if you can't find them locally! Also my friend heard from the app developers that there is a bug in the app that is adding too much food, so watch it if you are going by the iPhone App. I believe the book says 1/2 "portion" for every additional 20 lbs, so you need to figure out the correct portion for the type of food at losing 20 lbs, then go from there.
  • irlene
    irlene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1 1/2 cups of most food. That is plenty. I must say I am having a tough time eating it all. I feel totally stuffed. Tomorrow on to phase 2. Let's see if that is as much to eat.
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Just curoius - even thought Haylie says not to count calories, has anyone tracked what they are eating for each day in MFP to determine how many calories they are eating?
  • vhannah53
    vhannah53 Posts: 14
    Options
    Haylie responded to my questions about pretzels...She said preztels mde from sprouted grains or spelt would be fine. She also stated that Newman has pretzels that fit in her program.
  • vhannah53
    Options
    someone, although I can't recall said that they calculated around 2500-2600 cal a day.but she actually had lost pounds the first week. I know my sister & I probably consume that as we are doubling our portions..but I gained almost 3 pounds by day 3 but my sister loss 5 pounds.. I asked Haylie about this and she said give it time to work....
  • vhannah53
    Options
    haylie mentioned that Newman sells pretzels that are fine for the diet
  • vhannah53
    Options
    Last night I could barely sleep because my muscles ached so bad. Thismorning they still hurt..It is the muscles just below the buttocks and goes down the legs.. these are not cramps but severe aches. I am drinking more water than I am required.. I posted this on Haylie's facebook but no answer yet.. anyone else having this problem and if so what did you do about it and goes it go away..
    this would be a deal breaker for me with this diet.. let me know
  • nishelby
    nishelby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I've heard the portions were incorrect on the app. Can someone tell us what amount is a standard portion?
  • lindaw66
    Options
    I've heard the portions were incorrect on the app. Can someone tell us what amount is a standard portion?

If you have the book use the portions in the book. If you have any questions you can go onto the fast metabolism Facebook page and ask questions there, she answers really quick! If you don't have the book, you should get it, as I refer to it all the time.
  • nishelby
    nishelby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow. ok. i have the book, but don't remember seeing the portion sizes unless you are talking about in the recipes. I will look again. Thanks
  • cpdash
    cpdash Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, the portions are on pg 105. I just started today. I would like to lose 60-80 pounds 2 1/2 Cups of barley and 2 1/2 Cups of Blueberries was way too much to eat! I ate it, but not sure if I can continue with all of this food Am I calculating right? For 20 lbs its 1 cup, for each additional 20 its 1/C more, so 20 20 20 is 1 + 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 = 2 1/2C
  • 2eatcake
    2eatcake Posts: 11
    Options
    Spelt pretzels are allowed, and they are delicious! Paul Newman brand makes them, I found them at Whole Foods.
  • itselectrolove
    Options
    Haylie responded to my questions about pretzels...She said preztels mde from sprouted grains or spelt would be fine. She also stated that Newman has pretzels that fit in her program.

I bought the newman spelt pretzels. They were 2.99 at whole foods for a small bag. They taste just like regular pretzels though!
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Hi, the portions are on pg 105. I just started today. I would like to lose 60-80 pounds 2 1/2 Cups of barley and 2 1/2 Cups of Blueberries was way too much to eat! I ate it, but not sure if I can continue with all of this food Am I calculating right? For 20 lbs its 1 cup, for each additional 20 its 1/C more, so 20 20 20 is 1 + 1/2 + 1/2 + 1/2 = 2 1/2C

you are correct in the portions sizes, but Haylie says if you feel you can't finish all of that food, you can cut out 1/2 of a portion.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    wow. ok. i have the book, but don't remember seeing the portion sizes unless you are talking about in the recipes. I will look again. Thanks

I have the E-book, so I don't know the page number but there is a page on Portion sizes for protiens, fruits, veggies, etc.
  • BellaEle
    BellaEle Posts: 13
    Options
    Just curoius - even thought Haylie says not to count calories, has anyone tracked what they are eating for each day in MFP to determine how many calories they are eating?

I started this new "diet" yesterday.. And so far I'm still counting calories.. I can't help myself!
  • BellaEle
    Options

I have the E-book, so I don't know the page number but there is a page on Portion sizes for protiens, fruits, veggies, etc.

In the book, page 105!
  • BellaEle
    Options
    I have a question. If you look at the Meal Maps in the book - like the one for Week 1 where you can find exactly what you eat (pages 128-130) sometimes one type of allowed food is missing. For example, we supposed to have a grain-protein-fruit-veggie meal at lunch of Phase 1, but if in the Meal Map of Phase 1 on the 1st day you'll find just a "Open-face turkey sandwich" and no fruits.
    Do you think you can add a fruit?