Grr..... Weight Gain :(

Options
Fit_Housewife
Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
I was only going to weigh myself weekly to avoid the daily ups and downs I always have. But I felt so good today. Today is day two and I am up 1 pound grrr :( I'm just going to ignore it I know my bodies just adjusting and sure I'll loose during phase 2 my body alsways responds to atkins like plans. Just wanted to vent :(

Replies

• lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain! Why do we do this to ourselves. We need to weigh on Monday mornings and that's it! There is one woman on here that isn't going to weigh until the 28 days is done! I can't do that. I will start a topic on here for Monday Weigh in's :smooched:
  • lindaw66
    Options
    REGARDING WEIGHT GAIN DURING THE PLAN (I GOT THIS DIRECTLY FROM HAYLIE):

Remember we are working to repair your metabolism -- and if it's really slow and broken, it will need to be in healing mode first, weight loss second. Be sure to drink your water. You can also further stimulate the metabolism by eating lost of herbs and spices with your meals, plus lemon and lime. On phase 1, eat the higher sugar furits like mango and pineapple, along with veggies that contain cellose like celery, cucumbers and radish. Cellulose simulates fat burn. Your body may simply need to detox more than others. Hang in there!
  • KatieScarlett77
    Options
    This very thing happened to me on Saturday. I kind of freaked, but was somehow able to let it go. The pound was gone the next day, but still, it scared me. I thought maybe I ate too much fat, maybe my portions were too big, etc. I am on Day 9 now and, like you, glad to be starting the low carb days because I know I will lose weight here. I lost all 5.5 lbs of the weight in the first 4 days and now for 5 days, NOTHING. I decided I am not changing anything just because of it. I am doing this come hell or high water. If I am the one who can't lose weight for the next 3/4 weeks, I will be happy to post it all over the Internet and go back to my old ways, but I am going to do this whole thing, by god.

Even worse than the 1 lb gain...yesterday I had an old guy at work tell me he didn't recognize me because I looked "bigger." "Bigger???" I asked, "do you mean fat?" (giving him the chance to redeem himself). "Yes," he replied. Great. Still. I am in this for the long haul.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options
    Wow, some people are so rude. Don't let it bother you, you can't change someone like that. The most important thing is how you feel. I fell great on this program and now on day 5 and down 4 pounds :)
  • KatieScarlett77
    Options
    Okay so I am officially freaking. Yesterday was the start of Phase 2 again (the low carb phase). You know, the one that I was SURE to lose weight. I stepped on the scale today and it said I gained 0.5 lb. I cannot TELL you how frustrating that is. Mainly because if I were on a fast, I would have lost about 10 lbs. by now. It doesn't make sense to me. I am doing this diet TO A TEE. The only thing I can think is that I normally do low carb and Haylie mentions one woman she treated who didn't see weight loss until week 3 because of what low carb dieting had done to her metabolism. This better be it because I am missing out on a lot of weekend fun because of this. No movies because I can't stand to smell the popcorn. I would love to hear from other people who have experienced the same thing.
  • KatieScarlett77
    Options
    Finally I lost a pound. I am not going to get too excited because tomorrow is not here yet and my weight has been yo-yoing since I started. But it at least gave me enough momentum to keep going. I have to say if I don't lose another two pounds by the end of week 3, I am ditching this thing.
  • KatieScarlett77
    Options
    Yep. It came back today. I just don't get it.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Options
    :( sorry to hear that. Try not to stress over it (I know its hard)
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Yep. It came back today. I just don't get it.

READ THIS
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/974216-week-three-dont-give-up

THIS SHOULD HELP.:flowerforyou:
  • tenagreear
    tenagreear Posts: 26
    Options
    Well am over the stomach bug and back on the plan. It's not like I was eating the days I was sick. As a matter of fact I WASN'T eating. I began eating Sunday very sparingly. And I ate what was listed for ph3. I didn't weigh Monday. Jumped on the scales this morning all excited to find I had gained a pound and a half. REALLY???!!!!! What in the world!!!!
  • jenday333
    jenday333 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel the pain of this group! I was on the diet for 3 week: first week, I messed up alot of the rules - started a bit too fast without reading the entire book, but followed it diligently for 2 weeks. End result was a net gain of 3lbs. After that, i quit and went back to low calorie eating. A bit of loss since then - slow. I've re-read the book and it still SEEMS to be a good thing to do. I can't keep cutting my calories lower and lower and I gain a bit more every year. SO, maybe I'll keep watching this group for some success and start again from week 1. Would love to get that metabolism fired up again!