Guess What Today Is!

Options
Yup, today is a CHALLENGE day! This means you have to decide to do something above and beyond what you would normally do. There is no challenge too small or too big, however you must increase what you already planned. If you already did your fitness goal for today, perhaps you challenge yourself to something extra? Lets hear it... How are you increasing your goal today?

Replies

• missharleychick
    Options
    My goal is to finish my P90 Plyo today. I got 30 minutes through yesterday and was not able to finish, so today I want to finish the other 30 minutes in addition to todays scheduled workout. Go me!
  • Dbrock25
    Dbrock25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to walk 60 mins. In addition I am going to do as many situps as I can to work on my problem area which is my tummy! :)
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'll do 50 bicycle crunches. Usually I only do them when I'm doing level 1 of 30DS, but to me they're the hardest part (of level 1).

Expect to see me edit every post, I can't type today. :)
  • missharleychick
    Options
    My goal for today is to walk 60 mins. In addition I am going to do as many situps as I can to work on my problem area which is my tummy! :)

Great! You should find some exercises online for ab workouts, so that you can expand on just situps. Even if it is just 1-2 different exercises, at least you are working different stomach muscles. Just an idea!
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I will walk/jog during my son's track and field practice for 45 minutes.
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    Can a challenge be deleting a high calorie/sugar food from my diet today? I will challenge myself to not touch a single mini jelly bean in the Sam's Club size container!
  • cmbartos170
    cmbartos170 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I will be walking with a coworker at lunch - my goal is at least 30 minutes.
  • TDABMama0617
    TDABMama0617 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Well...I posted on commitment today about starting 30 Day Shred...hmm. I will also do Fit to Strip with Carmen Electra. That'll be a nice calorie burn and I can do it INSIDE cus the weather is blech today. I think that'll work. :-) kinda dreading tomorrow and soreness a little... :-S
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Today is a rest day for me, but I will challenge myself to stay out of the cafeteria tonight at work and stay within my calorie budget!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I will be walking with a coworker at lunch - my goal is at least 30 minutes.

Awesome!!!! I wish I could this...however my breaks consist of me smoking off the property :( Some day I will give it up!! Get it girl! :)
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Today I am going to challenge myself to walk 12,000 steps today...I've only been hitting about 7,000 right now each day so I want to step it up! :)
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My challenge today will be to not walk at all when I do the 3 mile treadmill commitment tonight. Maybe that will get me down to 30 minutes for 3 miles!
  • brina1977
    brina1977 Posts: 14
    Options
    Today I have a regular yoga class, but before that I'm going to challenge myself to play hackey sack with the kids for at least a half hour.
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My challenge for today was to do strength training for 15 minutes and Cardio for 45 minutes totalling one hour of workout. However, I pushed myself to do an extra 10 minutes abs workout because I felt so energetic.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    OUCH - Challenge day hast bitten mine behind! ...I had planned on an easier 'rest' day today... Put in a huge effort yesterday as I knew I was taking today off - I have a concert to go too after work. I did plan on doing the squats challenge app on my phone however... and I guess since I need to up my effort for the challenge day... I'll add in a quick power-walk on my way home at some point.
  • Ammebee
    Ammebee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Im going to try to jog up the hill i usually stop and turn at!!
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Since I already did my workout for the day, I will try to do some at home yoga tonight after dinner. This......IS a challenge for me, since after getting up at 4am, working all day, cooking dinner, the only thing I want to do is fall into bed!!!
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    My challenge to myself today will be- To complete 100 situps and 100 pushups before the day is over.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My challenge today is to check out a little workout area at the park. I pass by it everyday when I drive carpool and I see people working out there. Today, I'm making a point to go there and see what it has to offer. It just may become another (free) addition to my weekly workout routine!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    Today I have a regular yoga class, but before that I'm going to challenge myself to play hackey sack with the kids for at least a half hour.

I love incorporating kids into this!!!