NSV within the 4 wks we started this challenge?

Options
Majal10
Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
As for me , I have recognized how much stamina and strength I have and a more define me.

Replies

• adancer59
    adancer59 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I've gone from the longest run I'd ever been on being 5 miles (and I only did this once in November 2012), to now having run 10 miles! I ran 10 miles today, and I've been running at least twice a week since this challenge started!
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    I have in the last week started to do weight and strength training - a small victory over my aversion to doing such things! And I feel good for it - I had so much more energy over the weekend just gone.
  • Majal10
    Majal10 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've gone from the longest run I'd ever been on being 5 miles (and I only did this once in November 2012), to now having run 10 miles! I ran 10 miles today, and I've been running at least twice a week since this challenge started!

Wow, great job. So how did you prepare?
  • adancer59
    Options

Thanks! I signed up for a half marathon in November because I had just run a 5 mile race and wanted something more. However, I basically stopped running entirely between November and March.... I finally started training 5 weeks ago. I run two 4ish miles runs during the week and one long run on Saturdays. It's actually been really hard, and I don't recommend waiting this long to train, but I'm doing it!
  • WindmillTilter
    WindmillTilter Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I ran 1.5 miles today in 12 minutes and wasn't out of breath. Also I've noticed how strong I've gotten. It is crazy how much things can change in just a few weeks.
  • WindmillTilter
    WindmillTilter Posts: 51 Member
    Options

Thanks! I signed up for a half marathon in November because I had just run a 5 mile race and wanted something more. However, I basically stopped running entirely between November and March.... I finally started training 5 weeks ago. I run two 4ish miles runs during the week and one long run on Saturdays. It's actually been really hard, and I don't recommend waiting this long to train, but I'm doing it!

I just signed up for a Tough Mudder in Sept. I've never ran longer that 5 miles in one shot. 10-12 miles of mud and obstacles should be interesting. I wish you luck on your half marathon! How are you training for it?
  • adancer59
    Options

I just signed up for a Tough Mudder in Sept. I've never ran longer that 5 miles in one shot. 10-12 miles of mud and obstacles should be interesting. I wish you luck on your half marathon! How are you training for it?

My training is running 3 days a week and strength training 2 days a week. I am going to do a warrior dash this summer. I'm hoping to do a tough mudder during summer 2014. I don't think I'll have the upper arm strength for this season of tough mudders...

Good luck on your tough mudder!
  • avocat01
    avocat01 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I tried on some clothes II wore when I was 19 and they fit! It showed me that even though my number isn't moving down as fast as I would like, I'm definitely becoming more toned and losing inches :)