Options
lindaw66
lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
Mixed Berry Cashew Smoothie

Serves 1

1.4 cup raw cashews
1.2 cup almond milk
1 cup frozen mixed berries

Grind the raw cashes to a powder in the blender. Add the almond milk, then the berries. Blend until smooth.

I can't wait for phase 3 again so I can try this one!

Replies

• lindaw66
    Options
    Mango-Avocado Smoothie

Serves 1

3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
    1/2 cup frozen mango chunks
    1/4 avocado

Pour the coconut milk into the blender. Add the mango and avocado and blend until smooth.

Avocado in a smoothie? I guess we'll have to try it! Apparently creamy avocado blends perfectly with mango and coconut and it's refreshing and naturally sweet!.
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Overnight Steel-Cut Oats
    Appropriate for Phase One and Phase Three
    Makes 4 to 8 servings
    1 cup steel cut oats
    4 cups water
    Combine the oats and water in a large saucepan. Boil 1 minute. turn off the heat, cover the pan and let it stand overnight at room temperature. In the morning, remove the lid and bring the oats to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until the oats are creamy yet still a little bit chewy, about 7 to 10 minutes. Cooked oats will keep in the fridge for a week. You can just spoon out a serving (1 cup for phase one or 1/2 cup for phase three) add a little water and reheat in the microwave for a minute or two. Or, you can make a huge batch and freeze single servings. Then, add your favorite mix-ins (per 1 cup of oatmeal):

Phase One
    Peach-Ginger Oatmeal
    Add 1/2 cup chopped peaches, 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla.
    Phase Three add in - 1/4 cup chopped almonds in addition.

Phase One
    Pumpkin Pie Oatmeal
    Stir in 1/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla, and Stevia to taste.
    Phase Three
    Drizzle in 2 tablespoons of coconut milk, then sprinkle with 1/2 cup fresh blueberries and 2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut.

Phase 3
    Raspberry-Hazelnut Oatmeal
    Add 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, then top with 1/2 cup raspberries.
    Phase 3
    Cherry-Almond Butter Swirl Oatmeal
    Swirl in 2 tablespoons almond butter and top with 1/2 cup dark-red cherries (frozen is fine).
  • lindaw66
    Options
    Baked Fish with Meyer Lemons (or regular Lemons)
    Prep time 10 minutes
    Cook time 20 minutes
    Serves 4

1 1/2 pounds cod or halibut fillets
    4 Meyer lemons (or 2 Regular Lemons) very thinly sliced
    4 shallots, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup minced fresh dill
    Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Scatter half of the lemon and shallot slices in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Sprinkle the fish on both sides with salt, pepper and the dill and lay it on top. cover the fish with the rest of the shallot and lemon slices. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until the fish is nearly opaque. Remove the fish, shallots and lemons to a serving platter and drizzle with the pan juices.

*************Phase Three Variation: Try this with wild salmon and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil******************
  • nishelby
    nishelby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    please create your recipes in myfitnesspal and share them out. This was a discussion in another FMD topic. The format for searching purposes will be FMD P1, FMD P2 and FMD P3.
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I posted these with Pictures on Haylies Facebook Page:

Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip

I adapted it from the chocolate chips cookie dough recipe from chocolatecoveredkatie.com, I made her recipe FMD friendly by adding cocoa nibs instead of chocolate chips, almond butter, stevia instead of sugar (I only used about 5 drops so it is not overly sweet but I'd rather it be not too sweet than have that aftertaste it probably would work better with Xylitol) I also added unsweetened cocoa powder and cinnamon and omitted the oats. http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/05/23/want-to-eat-an-entire-bowl-of-cookie-dough/

Carrot cake pancakes with an Almond-Coconut topping

1/3 cup oats blended to flour consistency 1/3 cup shredded carrot 1 tsp baking powder about 1/2 cup of milk (depends how thick you like)and 1 tbsp. egg whites dash of salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and stevia. Topped with 1/2 portion almond butter 1/2 portion canned coconut milk.
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I want you to contribute to our Pinterest boards! If you would, please send me your email address, so I can make you a pinner on them.

How do you think we count the cookie dough dip--say, 3/8 cup (i.e. 3 T) per serving? (if 1/2 cup beans=1 serving fat/protein and 2 T almond butter=1 serving, than 1/2 serving of beans plus 1/2 serving of almond butter=3 T.

Do you just eat the dip straight, or is there a P3 fruit or veggie you'd recommend with it?

The pancakes sound yummy too!
  • Fit_Housewife
    Fit_Housewife Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Hey Michelle, I sent you my email on FB. Haha I'll just have to learn how to pin my own pictures (I'm sure I can figure it out) I am loving this Phase. I have been trying to eat "healthy" since January and have been following a lower calorie diet with a lot of the same foods on Phase 3 that's what attracted me to FMD. I have a major sweet tooth and love to bake so I am loving this phase. My wheels are turning for phase one as well but usually when I bake fat free I use applesauce which we really shouldn't be using I don't think. So I was thinking of trying some things on Monday maybe boiling an apple to soften it and then puree it skin and all I think should be ok on FMD or maybe even pureed mango. Anyway having lots of fun on this phase, excited to share my experiments :)
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I think you should start a blog :) I think it's easier to pin from a blog.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Shrimp Quinoa - I had this one and really liked it - serves 4 and raisins had to be eliminated.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Shrimp-Quinoa/Detail.aspx

1 cupuncooked quinoa, rinsed (impt to rinse or it will be bitter!)
    1 1/2 cups chicken broth
    2 tablespoonsolive oil
    3 clovesgarlic, minced
    1 onion, diced
    1 red bell pepper, diced
    8 spearsfresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1 inch pieces
    1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
    1 tablespoonminced fresh ginger root
    1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    salt and pepper to taste

Directions

1. Bring the quinoa and chicken broth to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender about 15 minutes. Turn off the heat, and let the remaining liquid absorb into the quinoa.
    2.Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, onion, and red bell pepper; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the asparagus, mushrooms, and ginger; continue cooking until the asparagus is tender. Stir in the shrimp, and cook until the shrimp have turned pink and are no longer translucent in the center.
    3.Stir the lemon juice into the quinoa, then toss the quinoa with the shrimp and vegetable mixture. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving
  • marisanmike
    marisanmike Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Sweet Potatoe Smoothie:

1/2 sweet potatoe
    Nuts
    Blackberries
    Stevia to taste
    Water for consistency

It was super yummy!
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Re: Mango Avocado Smoothie - sounds lovely! 2 of my favs! But Mango is not Phase 3 approved and Avocado isn't allowed on Phase 1, so this won't be good for FMD
    Btw I do put it in green smoothies all the time. So when I get off FMD, I'll be sure to try this.