COMMITMENT 4/23/2013

Options

Replies

• perrymiller23
    Options
    My goal is always to just keep moving. I am planting a garden and it has been an incredible workout. But the weather here stinks today, so maybe some Wii boxing, Wii Step-ups and some Pilates. Just keep moving.....
  • cmbartos170
    cmbartos170 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Rock on! Good goal for today!!
    Day3:

Plan for the day:
    -My plan for today is to not eat out and to stay within my calorie intake goal.
    -I also want to walk 1 mile on the treadmill.

Yesterday's Goal:
    -I sort of met! I did move around more than I wanted but went to bed around 7:00 instead of 9:00 because I wasn't feeling good :(

Getting my butt moving today though! :)

HAPPY TUESDAY EVERYONE!
  • TDABMama0617
    TDABMama0617 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I stayed well within my calories yesterday but didn't take a walk with kiddos as the wind was blowing about 900 mph here. Sooo goal for today is to begin 30 Day Shred...been putting it off but I've GOT to move around so I can firm up the jiggle and make my kiddos happy!
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My goal today is to do P90, and hopefully do a short run. I am pretty sure I developed a shin splint and probably shouldn't be running, but I am going on vacation on Thursday and won't be able to run for 4 days, so Im hopeful I can work through it today if I keep my run as a light jog. We will see, but definitely I am doing P90.

Great Job!! Just make sure you stretch before your run, and ice your shins after.....it should be ok until your vacation rest:)
  • nicf76
    nicf76 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I work tonight, and today is going to be a rest day for me.
  • AmandaBlue1
    AmandaBlue1 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Gym day!
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is pretty much the same as yesterday: Strength training in the AM (which I've already done,) and a 3 mile run tonight, plus staying under my calorie goal. I'm trying to get my 3 mile run down to 30 minutes, but I still have a little more pushing to do to get there!

Yesterday I did 30 minutes of strength training, ran 3 miles in 34 minutes burning 447 calories according to my treadmill! With those extra calories burned I ended up more than 500 calories under my calorie goal! I feel like yesterday was a success!
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Track and field practice for my son = track walk and jog for Mom. I plan to do at least 8 x 400 meters = 3200. If I can do more that is a bonus.
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I am plagued with allergies today (actually might be a cold, but i refuse to be sick) and so my commitment is to increase the amount of water I drink to day from my average of six cups to twelve to flush me out today. :)
  • LindieLu79
    LindieLu79 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    My goal for today is to stay within my calorie limit and head to the gym later and burn at least 400 calories on the elliptical.
  • crystalball24
    Options
    My goal was not met yesterday, being really sore I wasn't able to get in my cardio, plus I went over my calories by about 300 so I hope to try and make that up today :(

I have met my goal this morning by waking up early and going to yoga at 6am! Proud of myself there, my next goal is to walk/jog during lunch for a half hour, and maybe another walk this afternoon.

Any suggestions when you indulge and go over your calorie intake one day, should you do extra exercies the next or eat less calories or both?
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Today it's C25K week 4, day 2 for me. I'll add a nice walk to it since it's just shy of a 30 minute workout. Yesterday on my hike, I jogged the downhill. I found out that I have lots of stamina jogging downhill! :laugh:
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    I am plagued with allergies today (actually might be a cold, but i refuse to be sick) and so my commitment is to increase the amount of water I drink to day from my average of six cups to twelve to flush me out today. :)

You might want to get in another walk too, heating up the body mildly through exercise can give you a "fake fever", which could help get rid of any bug you may have picked up more quickly. Unless I'm totally exausted, this is always my go-to trick for recovering from a cold quickly.
  • cmbartos170
    cmbartos170 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did it! Walked 40 minutes at lunch with my coworker. AND - I get her to join this group!!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Calorie goal met! No exercise, but that's ok since it was recovery. Will try to get to bed earlier today.

For today, I ran 4 miles this morning, and will again stay under my calorie goal, eating back most of the exercise calories.
    Have a great day everyone!
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I did it! Walked 40 minutes at lunch with my coworker. AND - I get her to join this group!!

Awesome!
  • mcwdvm
    mcwdvm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    On call until 9:30 tonight- if it's quiet I hope to run 3 miles of hills on the mill then do day 11 of my gorilla ap workout.
    Planning on fish and salad for dinner- no white bread or sugar today. I find if I can stick to this then meeting my calorie goal is easy.
    I broke the 160 barrier on sunday's weigh in so I bought a new pair of running shorts last night :happy:
  • missharleychick
    Options
    My goal was not met yesterday, being really sore I wasn't able to get in my cardio, plus I went over my calories by about 300 so I hope to try and make that up today :(

I have met my goal this morning by waking up early and going to yoga at 6am! Proud of myself there, my next goal is to walk/jog during lunch for a half hour, and maybe another walk this afternoon.

Any suggestions when you indulge and go over your calorie intake one day, should you do extra exercies the next or eat less calories or both?

Nice on waking up early! Doesn't it feel great! If you went over your calorie intake, I wouldn't eat less the next day, but maybe do a little extra workout....
  • crystalball24
    Options

Nice on waking up early! Doesn't it feel great! If you went over your calorie intake, I wouldn't eat less the next day, but maybe do a little extra workout....

Thanks, it does feel great! I will make sure I really watch my calories today!
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

You might want to get in another walk too, heating up the body mildly through exercise can give you a "fake fever", which could help get rid of any bug you may have picked up more quickly. Unless I'm totally exausted, this is always my go-to trick for recovering from a cold quickly.

Good idea. I took your advice and went for a 20 min brisk walk and it perked me right up. Thanks!