100 day juice fast !

Options
Hello, I just joined the group. I started a 100 day juice fast and I'm on day 5. I started on march 1st doing a juice or two a day to replace a meal and worked up to full juicing. so now I'm on all juice for the last five days . So far I have lost 20.8lbs since march 1st so i'm pretty excited about how things are coming along. Really looking to find friends on the site that are supportive of my goal. I'm sure you guys have met some of the self appointed doctors on here. Juicing works for me and it will become apart of my life for good. But for the next 95 days support would be great.

Replies

• pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'm impressed with your dedication!!! And your loss in such a short time! As much as I enjoy juicing, I'm just not mentally prepared for the whole fasting thing. But hey, whatever works for you and you can maintain is great!
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I did a 10 day fast earlier this year and am planning another 7-10 day fast in April. 100 days is a really long time though! I hope you are under the supervision of a real doctor if you are fasting for that long. Good luck! :drinker: and Juice On!

PS - I only lost 5.8 pounds in 10 days so your loss so far is very impressive!
  • katied37
    katied37 Posts: 25
    Options
    That's amazing!!!!! How is it going so far? You must be in the zone at the point.

At some point, I'd love to try a longer juice fast, either 30 or 60 days, as I have a great deal of healing to do. However, I'm starting small with 10 days or so. :)

Would love to hear about your progress thus far. Keep us posted!
  • okiemorse
    Options
    Hi! Excited to hear about your juice fast, results, and what your experience is! You are doing great so far! I started a juice fast 3 days ago, but didn't really work up to it much like you did. I have done a bit of colonic work so that I don't have to experience too bad of detox symptoms, and so far so good. Food still smells good, when I am cooking for my family, but I haven't had too many issues. So far down 5 lbs. I have quite a bit of weight to go, but the reason I am doing this juice fast is actually for a physical health reason. I have an autoimmune disease, and hope that a long juice fast may be of considerable help. I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and caught the excitement from seeing their results. I haven't set a specific goal in days, and I was wondering what led you to choose 100 days specifically?
  • katied37
    katied37 Posts: 25
    Options
    Hi! Excited to hear about your juice fast, results, and what your experience is! You are doing great so far! I started a juice fast 3 days ago, but didn't really work up to it much like you did. I have done a bit of colonic work so that I don't have to experience too bad of detox symptoms, and so far so good. Food still smells good, when I am cooking for my family, but I haven't had too many issues. So far down 5 lbs. I have quite a bit of weight to go, but the reason I am doing this juice fast is actually for a physical health reason. I have an autoimmune disease, and hope that a long juice fast may be of considerable help. I watched "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and caught the excitement from seeing their results. I haven't set a specific goal in days, and I was wondering what led you to choose 100 days specifically?

I originally started my juice fast to heal from a health issue as well. I decided to start with 10 days. I am on Day 8 and I feel fantastic, but I am nervous about how I'll feel when I stop. I don't want to stop short if there is important healing going on inside my body! I'm very torn.