Juicer or Blender

Options
Hi Everyone! I'm New to the group and skimmed through a few pages, reading posts and sharing in the excitement of the first timers!

I would like to invest in a juicer, and have been researching quite literally for months.

I'm stuck with a question though, if I should buy a juicer or a blender.

Besides the dramatic cost difference, has anyone had any continued success with a blender or a juicer?

I love smoothies, and have been on a smoothie fix for weeks at Emerald City Smoothie. Should I just buy a blender? If so, any suggestions?

Note: I like smoothies bc spinach just doesn't juice as well, and the texture is a lot more pleasing. In fact, as I write this, I think I should just buy a blender. :P Let me also defend myself :P My smoothies are solely fruit/veggies/water/ice. no dairy period. or added sugars :)

Replies

• lika50
    lika50 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like 'em both! (So I'm probably not much help! Ha!) I struggled with this question last year and ended up investing in a Vitamix Blender - and LOVE it. However, with that being said, after visiting a great juice bar last month and becoming addicted to their beet, kale, lemon, ginger, apple, and carrot juice, I ordered a Breville. Love fruits and veggies in both forms, but I have to say that I seem to enjoy and crave the juice more than the smoothies. (I think it's a texture thing.) My husband adores the smoothies though, so by having both around the house it's a win-win.
  • jessababy22
    Options
    green leafy vegeatables juice much better in a masticating juicer like an Omega than the tradition centrifugal Jack Lalane kind. I love my Omega so far! (Only been a few days but we use it every night to make the 8 juices).
  • katied37
    katied37 Posts: 25
    Options
    If you are going to do a real juice fast like the one in Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, you'll need a juicer. While smoothies are GREAT, they still contain all of the fiber, which means your digestive system is still working hard. In order to give your digestive system a rest and get the amazing healing benefits of juice fast, you would need to remove the fiber from the juice, which is what a good juicer will do. I own a Vitamix blender and am totally in love with it, but also purchased a Breville juicer for the purpose of taking in a ton of nutrients without having to do a whole lot of digesting.

Hope this helps! :)
  • HealthyFitNTrim
    HealthyFitNTrim Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I have a Omega juicer as well I love it too, I have been juicing for a few years now. I am looking to get a Blend Tech which is just as good as the Vitamix Blender, I like the idea of making soups and smoothies in the blender.

Michelle