New here!

Options
Just joined the group..super excited to lose this baby weight with other moms.

I lost 89 lbs last year using mfp and got down to my lowest adult weight ever... But then found out I was pregnant with our third child. She is now 4 days old and I am around 60 lbs away from my "new" goal weight. I can use all the help I can get get, and I'll return the favor.

Replies

• peachypants
    peachypants Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    First off, Congrats on the new baby!
    Sound like your dedication paid off! How long did it take you to loose 89lbs? That's amazing!
    Your going to do wonderfully this time around! I look forward to seeing your success!
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Congrats and welcome!
  • Sdfarrow13
    Options
    Hi there!

I just joined this group as well. I have a 7 month old and I am working to shed the baby weight. :happy:
  • apierce2010
    apierce2010 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just joined as well!!! I have a 3 month old and I am really trying to loose this excess weight but my main goal is to be able to fit back into my normal clothes!!! I am sick of wearting maternity pants because i don't want to have a muffin top lol
  • hannahpistolas
    hannahpistolas Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS on the blessing!

I have 65 pounds to go after my little one... Would you mind if I added you so we can keep each other motivated? :)
  • sydneybac
    Options
    I have a 3 month old and am trying to lose the baby weight as well as get more fit. I am an airforce wife and have been doing free yoga/pilates and zumba on base. need to lose about 25lbs. Good luck all!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am due in a month (but will probably deliver in less - or at least I hope I do!), but I lost 82 lbs (from my last postpartum "settled" weight) before getting pregnant again. In all fairness, I'd gained back a handful before getting pregnant again, due to laziness, but still, I've gained well above what I'd have liked to during this pregnancy, and I'm still not done :sad:

I'm not sure what my final pre-delivery weight will be or how much I'll lose postpartum (I'm guessing 20-25 lbs, like last time), plus I plan on EBF if I can (last time it didn't go so well), but regardless I have my work cut out for me to get back to where I was before I got pregnant again, which wasn't even my goal weight - I needed to lose another 15 lbs or so. Thankfully I plan for this to be my last pregnancy, so it will hopefully be the last time I have to get this weight off. It took me a year to lose those 82 lbs, but for the first few months I was not working out at all, and the whole time I had a 1200 calorie net goal. I'm trying to convince myself that I will need a lot of patience, that it may take a year again, or it may take even more if I do end up succeeding at BFing and my body needs to hold onto some weight. (I doubt I'll be one of those women for whom BFing makes them skinny.)

Do you have a plan for getting the weight off again? Since I pretty much did 1200 calories and cardio last time, I plan in doing the MFP Roadmap (meaning I get to eat more) and incorporating some strength and lifting. Even if it means I weigh more, I'm sure I'll look better and be healthier :smile:

Even though I'm not quite ready to jump back on the wagon, I'm very anxious to, so please add me if you like. No hard feelings if you don't!
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Just joined the group..super excited to lose this baby weight with other moms.

I lost 89 lbs last year using mfp and got down to my lowest adult weight ever... But then found out I was pregnant with our third child. She is now 4 days old and I am around 60 lbs away from my "new" goal weight. I can use all the help I can get get, and I'll return the favor.

Congrats on your little one!! I didn't get my butt in gear (effectively -- I had tried on my own but was getting nowhere) until 5 months postpartum with MFP. My little girl is almost 11 months now, and I'm down 34 lbs from where I was stuck before!

You will do well :smile:. I'll send you a friend request!
  • yummumnotum
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I think i joined before but cant remember through the sleep deprived haze. My wee baba is now coming on 5 months and I am slowly battling my way through PND. I now have more reason than ever to get healthy. I also damaged my pelvis giving birth so exercise has to be slow and steady for me. Please feel free to add me and I will offer encouragement and support in any way I can.