VSG done & now its game on!!!

Options
Hi,

Im Conni from LA. I was VSG'd on 3/26/13. I started with 120 to lose, & have lost about 12 lbs. Need support & encouragement! Hope everyone is doing great!!!

Replies

• healthybabs
    healthybabs Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Just sent you a friend request, I was VSG'd on 3/19. Let's get this done together!
  • houlenberg
    houlenberg Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I had VSG on 11/1/12. I sent you a friend request. :)
  • mitzi1006
    mitzi1006 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Had my sleeve on 2/20 and have lost 42 pounds so far. I will send you a friend request.
  • karensdream
    karensdream Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I had my sleeve Nov. 20th 2012, and I am down 52 lbs since surgery, and a total of 65 since I started my journey in August 2012. We can all use the support, so I will send you a friend request. Best of luck to you!
  • Rief3
    Rief3 Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Welcome Conni, I was sleeved on 3/7/13, today is my 5th week and I am done 34lbs, I also will send you a friend request.
  • MrsKTillman
    Options
    Hi Conni, I was sleeved on 12/28/12 ( 15 weeks ago) so far im down 96 pounds.... pushing myself towards my first 100 pound mark!
    I will send you a friend request. Most of my friends on MFP are sleevers. ~good luck on your journey~
  • Hoosier_Fatty
    Hoosier_Fatty Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone - so happy to find this group! Had my VSG 2/4/13 and have lost 38 since Janaury (includes the pre-op diet).

Goal weight is 145 (currenlty 200 exactly). Started JIllian Michaels Body Revolution DVDs this week and really like them. Hoping to be looking fit for July vacation.

Hope you are all doing well!
  • operator646
    operator646 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sounds like you ae doing great. You will certainly look and feel alot better by July.
  • souldancer2828
    Options
    Congrats and welcome aboard! It looks like I'm a long timer compared to many of you but it's a life long journey so I'd love to offer my support! A friend request is coming your way!

Bettina
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I will send you a friend request. I had VSG on 6/11/12. I lost 47 pre op and have lost 92.80 post op! .20 pounds from my own personal weight goal! I LOVE my sleeve!
  • klj748
    klj748 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey- Sent you a friend request as well. Just started my journey. I was sleeved a week ago. Would love to make some VSG friends as well!!!
  • msjovanna
    msjovanna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I has VSG on 3/5 and I'm down 40lbs! You can do it! :smile:
  • kporter1573
    kporter1573 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I was sleeved on 3/22/13. So far Ive lost 28 pounds. I'm really struggling with getting in my water and protein. I'm so happy with the changes I see each day, and it keeps me motivated. Any suggestions/advice i'm willing to listen:smile: .
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Hi, Conni! I got my sleeve on 2/4/13... down 38 #'s total. About 50-60 more to go. Friend request coming your way!
  • Candi5903
    Candi5903 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Well I made it through my sleeve procedure 6/6/13. I did have some complications so I stayed in the hospital four days. I ended up with internal bleeding that dropped my blood pressure really low so I had to have two transfusions - three total units of blood. The anemia from the blood loss caused my heart to work overtime and kicked my pulse up way too high. They were ultimately able to use medications to get it under control. I have been in pain, obviously, but it's not unbearable. If I just take it slow I can walk around fairly comfortably for 5 minutes or so. I try to do that every hour since I had to come off of blood thinners from the bleeding. The walking will help protect me some from a blood clot. As for fluids, I don't seem to care much for water. I am sip, sip, sipping but it just doesn't seem to sit well in my stomach. Not sure what that is from. However, I am able to handle protein drinks and milk just fine which is definitely helpful in my recovery! I even had a 1/2 cup of yogurt yesterday with no problems at all! Overall I would say I am doing fine. There was a scary time in the hospital at first but that seems to be all behind me. I am looking forward to taking it easy, staying hydrating, and healing. I would appreciate your advice, support ,and encouragement if you would like to friend me :)
  • PaulaKro
    PaulaKro Posts: 5,704 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody. How are your sleeves doing? Mine was 6/10/13 and I was unaware that it was supposed to be difficult (till I got home).

6/10 eve, nurse asked "was I walking" and I had, it'd felt normal. Next day took my IV for a walk and nice nurse said "why are you still here-you don't need us." So they sent me home. The more I hear about what others went thru, the more I realize what a great job my doctor did.

Cand1593 my heart goes out to you. Hope you get better fast! Conni, how are you doing?

Feel free to friend me if you want. This support network is so helpful.

p.s. I have AFib & Flutter (heart arrhythmia) and had to go off blood thinners for my procedure. Back on warfarin now and trying to get INR balanced. Not easy when weight, food and exercise keep changing. Also my heart is acting up from the physical stress of this process. It's been hard at home, but getting better.
  • 2bawallaby
    2bawallaby Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi friend request sent Connie.
  • SCSleeve2012
    SCSleeve2012 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I was sleeved on 4/18/12, down 96lbs. I LOVE my sleeve. welcome to the other side lol