The Power Behind the 'Back-slap' 4/23

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
Hey have you ever thought of making your forearms and wrists stronger? Most folks don't especially women but I challenge to rethink your body! It is not all abdominals, booty and legs! We need to work on the smaller and less appreciated muscle groups too! Why you ask? BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL CONNECTED to each other! You will not stress other muslces and tendons out because another group is stronger then the other. So watch these videos and try 'em out! USE light weights or a broom even...You don't need a lot to work these muscles!
Have fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjARtIboFVY

and for something different....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxxo7bLSNT0

Peace,
WW

Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    You are right, never thought about strengthening my forearms or wrists. Good one!
  • ShellyAnn46
    ShellyAnn46 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    These are important for us who "compute" all day..
  • WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr
    WarriorCupcakeBlydnsr Posts: 2,150 Member
    Options
    Super Trainer has to remind me about this all the time because of my form when lifting, she said that proper technique will strengthen rather than weaken them when lifting.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    I actually do think about this and have off and on since I was a teenager. As my forearms are the ones that are most on display, I don't like them being really flabby. And when I was a kid, I needed stronger muscles for my 4-H gun club group. So, I use to have a rock and later a weight tied on a rope that was tied to a stick. I would hold my arms out, shoulder width apart and roll the weight up and then roll it back down. Talk about a burn. I didn't stay with it though as I quit shooting so much. And I regret that now as I can see all that loose skin and flab move (and it looks weird) when throwing punches in my Karate class. I started thinking about it again recently because of that too. I'm glad to see these videos as it gives me something else to do besides the weight on a stick.

Oh - and on the second video, check out his wrist warm ups and stretches link. Some of those feel really good when sitting at the computer all day. And his accent is lovely.

Thanks Wonder Woman!
  • AggieFan2011
    AggieFan2011 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Wow I had honestly never really thought about this before, but it makes a lot of sense. Thanks for the tip! :)
  • SarahHebert1
    SarahHebert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi there! New to the group.

Thanks for the idea - did 50 wrist curls to try it out. Wrists are weaker than I would have thought!
  • chuckles9189
    chuckles9189 Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I hadn't thought about it until my boyfriend complained about his forearms (which, I thought was incredibly ridiculous, until I realized just how flabby my forearms were!)

Good challenge! Love it!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,234 Member
    Options
    I didn't have time today but I am going to try both esp with my folding chair at home. I will let ya'll know so stay posted.
  • lisaissasa
    lisaissasa Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Thank you Garlic. You are so thorough.