contractions

Options
Erinthebodo
Erinthebodo Posts: 215 Member
Hey Ladies- I am looking for some advice. I am 19 plus 3 with my second child. With my first son I went into preterm labor a couple of times, once at 25 weeks. I drink a LOT of water (I drink 64 oz in the am before my shower and always have- crazy water intake) and both times of preterm labor were on days when I was traveling for work and didn't drink as much as I normally do. I ended up starting to dilate very early- around the 25 week mark. I went on bedrest for a couple of weeks.... which was really more like a modified bedrest because I didn't fully stick to it and I had my son at 38 weeks. This past week I was getting pressure vaginally which I just assumed was things stretching and growing. Today I was traveling for work and didn't drink as much as I normally do and.... contractions started. I drank water and they stopped.Do anyone else have this happen?

Replies

• Caguppie
    Caguppie Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have had some pressure lately, too, but it seems to be related to needing to pee (which is a OFTEN). Not exactly certain what it is since this is my first baby... Wish I could offer more help, but I'm certain my midwife would tell you to take it easy. I had a little scare early in this pregnancy & she put me on an herbal tincture called "Welcome Womb" by Wish Garden. It has black haw, which is apparently a bit controversial, but is supposed to calm the uterus and help prevent miscarriage & preterm labor. You might ask your midwife about it - not sure if you can use it past the first trimester...