Morning, Noon or Night - When Do You Workout?

Options
tameekag
tameekag Posts: 84 Member
I'm a morning person - 5:30 or 6am every day (9am on Saturday).
What time do you prefer and why?

I prefer mornings because I like to get up and get it done with. I also like the energy I feel throughout the day.
The biggest reason though, is because I have no excuses in the morning. I can come up with a million of em in the afternoon and then I don't end up going.

Just wondering about the preferences of other people.

Replies

• Sirli_79
    Sirli_79 Posts: 31
    Options
    I exercise in the evening or afternoon. Hardly ever in the morning. Can't see myself jumping around 6 am. :smile: As it's getting warmer outside, thinking to start running in the morning but not before 9am and gym in the evening.:smile:
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I workout in the evenings. I can't get moving fast enough in the morning as is....if I added a workout and getting up earlier, I'd be late to work each morning!
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Keep moving as much as possible throughout the day. Mostly I walk or run.
  • cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I work full time and I am also a full time mother and wife. I have to work out after work and in between preparing dinner. It is tough but I need to do it.
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I also work full time and am a mother and wife. I get up with my husband at 5 am and help him pack his lunch (he's trying to eat healthier too) then I do my strength training for the day, but I usually only have half an hour to 45 minutes before I have to start getting ready for the day. Then I run at night after I put my daughter to bed, usually finishing up around 10 or 10:15.
  • Melster85
    Melster85 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Noon and Evenings. I try to use half of my lunch break to either take a walk or do some strength training in a gym that is available in the basement of the building. When I get home it is Jillian or bike ride time!
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do it at night, because I already wake up at 6. I have work and then school so I don't want to be exhausted in class because of a morning workout.
  • TDABMama0617
    TDABMama0617 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Generally, I "workout" at night. I take the kids for walks after I get home from work (around 5:30) so I have at least a little calorie burn before cooking supper. Then I do my exercise routine or a video after everyone's tucked in. It makes me sleep much better if I'm exhausted. It also takes away MOST of the urge to raid the pantry at 10:00 pm. Which is always good!! :-)
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I'm a morning person - 5:30 or 6am every day (9am on Saturday).
    What time do you prefer and why?

I prefer mornings because I like to get up and get it done with. I also like the energy I feel throughout the day.
    The biggest reason though, is because I have no excuses in the morning. I can come up with a million of em in the afternoon and then I don't end up going.

Just wondering about the preferences of other people.

i love to work out in the morning for the EXACT same reasons you listed. You took the words right out of my mouth. The challenge is that I am out the door by 5:00Am which means that in order to get a workout in before my 1 hour it takes to get ready, I have to get up at 3Am. I did that for one week and it just about killed me. So now I am back on in evenings and it reminds me all over again why I hate working out in the evenings...as they are very unpredictable.
  • kahyee
    kahyee Posts: 63
    Options
    Crossfit at 6AM. Same here, if I wait til later in the day, it probably ain't happening.
  • cmurphy252
    cmurphy252 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    My "ideal" time would be in the morning before work, so that I can get it over with/be more cognizant of my eating throughout the day. However, I have problems sleeping (w/out Zyquil) and struggle to get up on time for work, let alone a work out.

Therefore, I'm stuck to working out in the evenings :grumble:
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:20, at the gym at 5:00, done by 7:00 or so! Done for the day, great feeling of accomplishment, satisfaction, calmness and peace of mind for the rest of the day! Twice a week I have evening soccer games so I get double duty on Mondays and Thursdays! Good luck everyone!
  • nicoleyolee
    nicoleyolee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Evenings during the work week. Mornings or afternoons on the weekends.