Ups and downs

Options
Started the diet and was down 2.5 pounds until I started Phase 3. Now up 1.0 lb. I am off for a sauna to calm down and detox!

Hope it helps. Really do like eating real food but have not figured out how to get all of the different foods for each phase and not waste it. So far, I just keep eating all the same things to achieve that. Go to figure this out better.
TOday is my last day of the first week.

Replies

• michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Are you up a pound from your original weight or from the lost weight? I'm not looking for fast loss in the first week, but I'm hoping the results will be consistent over a few weeks (I kind of suspect that the first two phases are where the weight loss will show more, but the 3rd is necessary to keep the other two working).
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Started the diet and was down 2.5 pounds until I started Phase 3. Now up 1.0 lb. I am off for a sauna to calm down and detox!

Hope it helps. Really do like eating real food but have not figured out how to get all of the different foods for each phase and not waste it. So far, I just keep eating all the same things to achieve that. Go to figure this out better.
    TOday is my last day of the first week.

Im only on day two, phase 1 and I'm eating the same breakfast, lunch and dinner for these 2 days so I don't waste food. I think you are doing great for week 1 and everyone is different, so don't get discouraged, just keep doing what you are doing. Thank you for joining the group and sharing too. I think we are all going to learn from and support each other!
  • vhannah53
    vhannah53 Posts: 14
    Options
    Lindaaw66,
    can't wait for you to post weight & measurements at the end of the 28 days.... it's nice to follow someone a few days ahead so that I can know what to really expect....
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It is VERY common to go up and down as much as a couple pounds, day to day, on any new eating plan. Try not to get too hung up on the numbers on the scales (only weigh yourself once a week - first thing in the morning after bathroom but before breakfast is good). I've lost 30 lbs over the last year (on another plan) and if you looked at my day to day weight on a graph (I started out using Wii fit and it asks for daily weigh ins) it looks like a stock market graph. As you progress, you may also not notice the scale moving, but the tape measure will show inches lost, as you start putting on some muscle. So let how you feel and how your clothes fit. When I begin the FMD, I am seriously considering not weighing or measuring again, after the initial numbers, until the last day.
  • PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    .....let how you feel and how your clothes fit *be your guide*. When I begin the FMD, I am seriously considering not weighing or measuring again, after the initial numbers, until the last day.
  • tita112
    tita112 Posts: 5
    Options
    I'm on phase 3 of my 1st week & today I am 1/2 lb away from having gained my weight back. At this point I am discouraged. I know everyone is different. I'm going to give it another week. I hope I can see a change. I decided to go from a serving 1/2 to 1 serving. Let me try to lose 20 lbs instead of 25. Maybe that will make a difference.

Good luck to all!
  • spicyi
    spicyi Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm on W1 P3 D2 and I originally lost 3.2lbs by the start of P2 D1. Stayed the same for P2 D2. Went up .2lbs on the start of P3 D1 and back down the .2lbs this morning (P3 D2). I feel smaller but my clothes don't feel any better.

I had a good breakfast but I have a lunch and wine tasting day with my SIL today for my birthday. It was a groupon and today is the last day to use it. To be perfectly honest, I'm dying for a glass of wine. That has been the hardest thing to give up. I was sure the weight would be falling off without my daily glass (or 3) of wine but it is not. Maybe today will really confuse my body and it will lose some of these lbs.

I will be back on plan tomorrow morning and will see how next week goes. I am also getting discouraged when I see everyones huge losses but I'm not going to give up!! We can all do this!
  • tenagreear
    Options
    Today started my phase 1 week 2 and I lost 6 lbs but this morning was up 1.6 lbs! Yikes!! I don't like that. I am hoping tomorrow will be better.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    REGARDING WEIGHT GAIN DURING THE PLAN (I GOT THIS DIRECTLY FROM HAYLIE):

Remember we are working to repair your metabolism -- and if it's really slow and broken, it will need to be in healing mode first, weight loss second. Be sure to drink your water. You can also further stimulate the metabolism by eating lost of herbs and spices with your meals, plus lemon and lime. On phase 1, eat the higher sugar furits like mango and pineapple, along with veggies that contain cellose like celery, cucumbers and radish. Cellulose simulates fat burn. Your body may simply need to detox more than others. Hang in there!