04/24/13 WEDNESDAY COMMITMENT & RESULTS

Options
cricketdc
cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
What do you plan to commit for today April 24, 2013 (Wednesday) to do to make you achieve your goals?

:bigsmile:

When you are done for the day, quote your original plan and state what you did for the day? Good luck team!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• cricketdc
    cricketdc Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    For Wednesday I plan to walk 2 miles and do a bit of my circuit training. I will not go to work today so I also plan to do some house work.
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Today after work I have a doctor's appointment (to get bloodwork results... kind of nervous how that will go...) so I won't be home until late yet again tonight. Regardless, I plan on doing the Pushups/ Daily Arm Workout/ Squats/ Daily Butt Workout/ 200 Sit Ups apps that I have on my phone; and I want to try and go for a quick walk as well. Wish me luck, and I hope you all have a productive and successful day yourselves!!!
  • okishkash
    okishkash Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I will walk 10,000 steps and climb 10 floors today.
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    April 24th's Commitment:

Today I am going to commit to walking at least 10,000 steps today. I did 12,000 yesterday but am feeling under the weather today. And to drink 8 glasses of water or more! :)
  • KathleenSweetie
    KathleenSweetie Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Today I plan to meet my 8 cups of water.
    Yesterday I met my sugar level and not quite all my calories (because I had a slight headache in the evening), exercised but not quite as long (walking, and short set of lunges and squats), and saw my wt. increase slightly this morning.
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My commitment today:

30DS, Level 1

Walk my Bernese Mountain Dog 3 miles

Push the water-no less than 8 glasses today:)

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!!!
  • tinapunch
    tinapunch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I already met my goal - W3D2 of C25K - then 10 min on the bike, and an arm workout. However.......for the remainder of the day my goal is to stay at or below my allotted calories. It's only 8:30am and I'm already hungry!!! I hope I can make it to lunch~~

Have a great day everyone!
  • purple_shmoo
    Options
    80 squats for my squat challenge

Walk for an hour with a friend. She will be pushing a stroller so the pace won't be ultra fast.

Eat at or under my 1200 calorie goal

--Julie
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Good morning. :)

My commitment for today is my 60 minute elliptical session and 100 bicycle crunches.

Yesterday I did my 60 minutes. My challenge was 50 bicycle crunches, but I ended up doing over 100 bicycle crunches and over 50 shoulder flies.
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Today after work I have a doctor's appointment (to get bloodwork results... kind of nervous how that will go...) so I won't be home until late yet again tonight. Regardless, I plan on doing the Pushups/ Daily Arm Workout/ Squats/ Daily Butt Workout/ 200 Sit Ups apps that I have on my phone; and I want to try and go for a quick walk as well. Wish me luck, and I hope you all have a productive and successful day yourselves!!!

Hey that makes 2 of us going to the Doc today. I need a scrip refilled and to also go over bloodwork. Wasnt too good, but i am going to tell her that we are making a concerted effort to lose weight and exercise right!!!! Tell her to put me on a 3 month recall to see my progress.
  • krk5235
    Options
    And my committment today was to do more pushups and situps than yesterday, which I achieved, ok it was only 2 pushups and a few situps, but it is progress. Plus my wife wasnt done showering by the time i was done so i ran the steps waiting on her to finish, i got 7 flights of steps in. Now i have to walk my stupid hill when i get home tonight. I will need motivation to get my butt moving up and down that hill!
  • TDABMama0617
    TDABMama0617 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My commitment today is to do my second day of 30DS and take the kids to the park. It's supposed to get warmer so...I hope "supposed to" turns into "does" and we can get outside again! If not, I'll do one of my Shape or Women's Health workouts. I am ALREADY feeling slimmer and stronger.

Let's keep this up!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options

Hey that makes 2 of us going to the Doc today. I need a scrip refilled and to also go over bloodwork. Wasnt too good, but i am going to tell her that we are making a concerted effort to lose weight and exercise right!!!! Tell her to put me on a 3 month recall to see my progress.

Good luck! I need a prescription refill too, but the big thing is my bloodwork. Sooo not excited for results, but at the same time I am looking forward to having the answers! :)
  • missharleychick
    Options
    I'm feeling defeated and a bit discouraged. It seems that just as soon as I get the hang of things, something happens. I started developing a shin splint last week, then decided to continue to run on it. I did a 5k on Monday, no major issues no extreme pain. Went running yesterday (downhill mind you) and was in some of the worst leg pain I have ever had. Needless to say I limped back home 1.5 miles. Today it hurts to walk on it, so I took some Ibprofen, feeling better now. Not sure how to still exercise at this point. I am normally doing P90 and running. I think I am going to take today off (Instead of Saturday), then tomorrow start my P90 again (back, chest, etc - all non leg things) and finish my week out with what I can do on P90. The last thing I will do is stop working out completely. I ordered my compression socks, so I should get them today.

Blah - so frustrated!
  • newtro0925
    newtro0925 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My commitment today (my first commitment) is to burn at least 300 calories and to stay under my calorie goal. Good luck to everyone today.
  • krk5235
    Options
    My commitment today:

30DS, Level 1

Walk my Bernese Mountain Dog 3 miles

Push the water-no less than 8 glasses today:)

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!!!

Cool a Berner huh, dont cheat and let him pull u up the hills!!! Good job.

way to go
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling defeated and a bit discouraged. It seems that just as soon as I get the hang of things, something happens. I started developing a shin splint last week, then decided to continue to run on it. I did a 5k on Monday, no major issues no extreme pain. Went running yesterday (downhill mind you) and was in some of the worst leg pain I have ever had. Needless to say I limped back home 1.5 miles. Today it hurts to walk on it, so I took some Ibprofen, feeling better now. Not sure how to still exercise at this point. I am normally doing P90 and running. I think I am going to take today off (Instead of Saturday), then tomorrow start my P90 again (back, chest, etc - all non leg things) and finish my week out with what I can do on P90. The last thing I will do is stop working out completely. I ordered my compression socks, so I should get them today.

Blah - so frustrated!

Hang in there!!! You can still work out with good results. Be careful that you haven't developed a stress fracture. If you see no improvement with rest, etc.......you might want to get evaluated. Good luck and speedy recovery.
  • otter619
    otter619 Posts: 8
    Options

Blah - so frustrated!

I agree - hang in there. I think you are making the right choice to take your break today, and hopefully that will be what you need to finish the week strong. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. If you end up needing more time for a break, maybe you can try just taking a walk or doing something else with less impact. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

I met my goal yesterday. I missed the challenge that you put out, so I'll do that tonight. I'm going to do 60 minutes on the elliptical, but I'll attempt to go farther than the 4.2 miles that I went last night. I'm also going to do some sit ups and push ups at the end. I met my calories yesterday and just turned down a ton of goodies that people brought in for our administrative assistant, so I'm feeling positive today. Good luck everyone!
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    I walked 5 miles yesterday, but am dealing with massive foot pain (plantar fasciitis), so today I think I WANT to walk hard and fast for an hour, but will commit to 30 minutes at a normal pace. Maybe I'll break out my dusty Danskin dumbbell set & work my arms.
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options

Blah - so frustrated!

I think you have the right idea of just doing non-leg workouts for a little bit and not giving up on working out. I would also ease back into running when it stops hurting, not go full blown like you have been.