CHALLENGE RESULTS from 4/23/2013

Options
Okay, spill the beans - How did you guys do with the challenge you set for yourself yesterday. (Not the commitment for yesterday, but the challenge.)

Replies

• missharleychick
    Options
    I decided to run on a shin splint and made it worse. (Shame on me) I was in the worst pain of my life and after running 1.5 miles, decided to stop and limp my way back home. Im feeling very frustrated and defeated. So needless to say, I was off my leg for the remainder of the day and did not finish my challenge. My challenge was to finish P90-Plyo from Monday (my weeks run Sunday to Friday on P90). I didn't finish Plyo on Monday because of my splint. I guess this is a sign I better rest my leg for a little bit.

-Frustrated.
  • Ammebee
    Ammebee Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    What was the commitment? I missed that. I set my challenge to jog up the hill i normally turn at, i did it. Found it tough but ill keep doing it and it will get easier!
    Hope your shin splints dont last & that you're back running soon!
  • missharleychick
    Options
    What was the commitment? I missed that. I set my challenge to jog up the hill i normally turn at, i did it. Found it tough but ill keep doing it and it will get easier!
    Hope your shin splints dont last & that you're back running soon!

My challenge to myself yesterday (in additional to my commitment) was to finish my P90 - Plyo from Monday. But I never got that far in my exercise yesterday because I started off with my 4 mile run (which was my normal commitment) and was out of commission after that nursing my shin.

Way to go on meeting your challenge!!!! I get very excited and re-motivated when I see others meeting their challenges they are setting. Once my leg heals, I will be up and at it again.
  • abikinibyjuly
    abikinibyjuly Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    My challenge was to check out a workout area in he park that I drive by everyday. It was underwhelming, BUT I walked/jogged there after finishing my c25k workout, so it doubled my workout for the day.
  • southernpawsc
    Options
    My challenge was to not touch a single mini jelly bean that I usually have 60+ of........ I didn't have even one! I'm just ready for the container to be gone!
  • nicolie81587
    nicolie81587 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    My challenge was 50 bicycle crunches on top of my 60 minute elliptical commitment. I did over 100 bicycle crunches instead and over 50 shoulder flies.
  • Dbrock25
    Dbrock25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I did 25 situps! That's a miracle for me!
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I was able to run 3 miles without walking and reduced my time by a minute and a half!
  • Em2je05
    Em2je05 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    My Challenge was to get in 12,000 steps and I did it! After dinner I checked my steps and did laps around the apron of my driveway (It's huge) until I reached 12,000! Usually I've been only getting in 7,000 steps. I'm determined!!
  • rde8jr
    rde8jr Posts: 34
    Options
    I made it this time.....

Rather than sitting on the couch watching TV last night with the kids for 30 minutes I layed on the floor and I did 30 minutes of sit ups, leg lifts and push ups etc... That was what I challenged my self to do.