Using the app

Options
I downloaded the app. Which I really like. Except for the fact that the app does not match the servings according to the recipes in the book. Is anyone else having this problem? An example the open face turkey sandwich calls for 2 slices of turkey. If I'm following the app my servings are 1 1/2 which means I should eat 3 slices of turkey. However, the app states I should eat 6oz of turkey which when I weighed it was 6 slices of turkey. Another example phase 3 for dinner in the book grain is optional. But in the book it's required. I do 't want to over eat nor under eat so I can see results. But I'm confused & unsure as which portions are true.

Replies

• PghPammy
    PghPammy Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Write to them via the Feedback in the app. They answer right away. There is a bug in the app that makes the portions off. They will tell you what the right portion is and hopefully there will be an update soon.
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Though I think 6 oz (4 oz. for 1x) is the right amount of turkey. I think some of the recipes may not require all of what we are allowed. For example, the French Toast with Strawberries calls for 1/2 cup strawberries, but a serving of strawberries in P1 is one cup (and 1.5 cups for me, since I'm eating to lose 40 pounds). So I just adjust. I can either eat the remaining strawberries by themselves, or I can add more to the recipe.

That said, like she said, there are a few glitches in the app. We should go by what the book says, however, not necessarily the recipe.
  • tita112
    tita112 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks for your input. I have been struggling with the portions.
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Write to them via the Feedback in the app. They answer right away. There is a bug in the app that makes the portions off. They will tell you what the right portion is and hopefully there will be an update soon.

Good to know about getting questions answered on Facebook! I have the app but not really using it as much right now because I was confused too! Also it would be nice if she had the recipes in the app.
  • michellyn
    michellyn Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    A known glitch (waiting until Apple issues an update): P2 snacks have the wrong protein portion size. The standard serving for a snack those days is 2 oz., rather than the 4 oz. the app states.
  • 2eatcake
    2eatcake Posts: 11
    Options
    I find the app a challenge, and now I'm getting even more confused on phase 3, I have actually gained a lb. is anyone else have difficulties in this phase? The book is not all that clear either.
  • irlene
    irlene Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I gained a pound and a half. Wow that is disappointing.
  • PghPammy
    Options

Good to know about getting questions answered on Facebook! I have the app but not really using it as much right now because I was confused too! Also it would be nice if she had the recipes in the app.

I'm not talking FB. I mean the Feedback button within the app. You will get a reply via email. I believe they plan to add recipes too. Try to be patient. Apple can be very slow to approve app updates and we don't even know if one has been sent in yet. I just am going by what the developers and Haylie have said. The book requires a couple reads, IMHO, to get it right, but seems to be the best guide right now, vs the app. Having used a similar app to follow a diff eating plan, I can see where this app has room for improvement and I'm sure they will take our Feedback into account. So make use of that Feedback button in the app! You paid for it - make sure they hear your thoughts.
  • PghPammy
    Options
    There is an Update to App on the store now! It says it corrects the portions issues.
  • knitjudy
    knitjudy Posts: 2
    Options
    I downloaded the update but it still isnt the same as the book. Ive stopped using it and just use the book.
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just downloaded the app & plugged in my day... last day of phase 3.
    From what I can tell, I've made mistakes... I thought we had to eat fruit at breakfast, each snack & lunch... been too full!
    Also thought broccoli was on phase 3. Interesting.
    Anyway, it will be very handy to have on my iphone for grocery shopping! :happy:

I also have been getting the "carb-gain" on phase 3. But I kind of expected that, from years of low-carb...
    means my metabolism needs some repairs!
  • roman2358
    roman2358 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    on her blog they just opened up a forum under community and there are corrections to the menus in the book there
  • debbylee22
    debbylee22 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :happy: