Hate sitting on someones lap/being picked up.

Options
Do any of you hate sitting on peoples laps or someone picking you up? I always feel huge even if the person is bigger than me.I feel that when I do sit down on them or they do pick me up that I'll feel so much heavier than they expected.

Replies

• Treadmillmom1st
    Treadmillmom1st Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Oh my, how'd I love for someone to pick me up and carry me in their arms effortlessly as if I were being rescued.

The only person that can do that is my brother but that is very far from the fantasy I had in mind lol.
  • pkiesch
    pkiesch Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Even now at my goal weight, I hate sitting on laps! I feel like I weigh 1,000 lbs & look so much bigger than them. I don't mind being picked up but that usually is only by my drunk guy friends who know it makes me laugh. Not my fantasy either, lol
  • Khisalandra
    Khisalandra Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    OMG I know this feeling. In high school I was always wishing I was one of those short, petite girls that the guys would pick up and carry around. My husband is 3 inches taller than me, but he (right now) weighs over 50 pounds less than me and I feel really awkward sitting on his lap tho he tells me I'm not too heavy.

My goal weight is actually around what he's at right now (165) and I'm hoping my feelings about it will change once I get down there.
  • Svolt
    Svolt Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    OMG I know this feeling. In high school I was always wishing I was one of those short, petite girls that the guys would pick up and carry around.

I was exactly the same. I was so jealous of the short skinny girls that guys would pick up in middle and high school. NOW I embrace me height and weight. My brother in law can pick me up, I'll take that. He's a super strong mechanic, so 218lbs is nothing to him.
    My boyfriend is another story, he is 6'1" and 169lbs. I am 5'10" and 218lbs. He wants me to sit on his lap and I feel so huge. He said I am not heavy, but I think he is just being nice. He loves me for who I am and loves my curves and stomach. He has been nothing but supportive to me while I am on this journey.
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I'm the one usually picking up people, lol! I had a friend ONE time swoop me up like it was nothing and it scared the hell out of me!!! IT WAS AWESOME!!! ;) That's my goal...to be swooped up. :bigsmile:
  • LoveAndInsanity
    Options
    OMG I know this feeling. In high school I was always wishing I was one of those short, petite girls that the guys would pick up and carry around.

I was exactly the same. I was so jealous of the short skinny girls that guys would pick up in middle and high school. NOW I embrace me height and weight. My brother in law can pick me up, I'll take that. He's a super strong mechanic, so 218lbs is nothing to him.
    My boyfriend is another story, he is 6'1" and 169lbs. I am 5'10" and 218lbs. He wants me to sit on his lap and I feel so huge. He said I am not heavy, but I think he is just being nice. He loves me for who I am and loves my curves and stomach. He has been nothing but supportive to me while I am on this journey.

I feel the same exact way! I'm pretty self conscious about being picked up and sitting on my boyfriends lap. He's 5'10 and 180 and I'm 5'9 and 200 lbs. so it makes me a little uncomfortable but I know I'm on my way to slimming down again :) Stay positive!