Fitbit

Options
Does anyone else have a Fitbit? I just got one tonight and I'm curious if anyone has one and do you like it?

Replies

• miskit65
    miskit65 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have had mine since October of last year. I love it! Before my fitbit I considered my job and lifestyle to be lightly active to active. When I first wore my fitbit I swore something was wrong with it. However the numbers don't lie. Once I really started moving and increasing the activity it made ALL the difference. I have it synced with myfitnesspal because I use that for my food.
  • krschaefer
    Options
    My BFFgot me the Fitbit Zip in Feb for my birthday. I totally LOVE IT! Now that I am 98% faithful in entering EVERYTHING I eat onto MFP and syncing with my Fitbit, I am very slowly (and finally) starting to see the scales move again...oh yeah, and in the right direction. Plus, looking at my numbers throughout the day encourages me to get up and move it. I work in an office. So, when I see that I need to walk in the mornings, I take a 15 min mid-morning break just to get up and walk. Love it!
  • npeery
    npeery Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    After having it for 2-3 years my fitbit bit the dust a few weeks ago. I LOVED it. I'm currently waiting on the release of the fitbit flex.
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I've always wondered just what is so great about a fitbit.... Maybe you all can answer it?? It seems like a glorified pedometer or something to me.... What exactly does it do that make you all like it so much? I'm just wondering.... -- maybe I need one.
  • Mom23
    Mom23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My husband and I just got started with our Fitbit. We actually got ours free through his health insurance and are participating in a 1,000,000 step challenge (to be completed by 12/15/2013). Our participation allows us to earn points which help to keep our health insurance premiums lower. Only steps recorded with fitbit count toward the challenge. I suppose you could say it is a glorified pedometer Coolhand. It automatically syncs wirelessly and records your steps throughout the day. It comes with a dongle which allows it to update anytime you come within 15-20 feet of your PC, or there are also mobile apps for smart phones, ipads etc. It records steps, calories burned, and distance. (Also shows the time). It is designed to be worn 24/7 and also records sleep patterns I believe. I am still new to it so haven't got it all figured out yet. So far I am excited about it. It has motivated me to get back to eating healthier and becoming more active. I have used MFP in the past and kind of strayed away but am glad to be back!