Favorite Hiking Spots

Options
sunnysloth
sunnysloth Posts: 7 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm looking for new hiking spots to try out. I've been going to three trees trail in granada hills mostly, but I'd like to change it up a bit. Any suggestions in the san fernando valley? Thanks!

Replies

• rmaxlynn
    rmaxlynn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I pretty much stay on the Westside. But if you need tips out here, let me know.
  • sunnysloth
    Options
    Thanks! I'll let you know if I branch out to the westside.
  • Showgirlbody
    Showgirlbody Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    I haven't been but I've heard there is a good hiking spot in Chatsworth but I can't be more specific. Lol
  • jaymealexis
    jaymealexis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I mostly hike in the Malibu area. Depending on what you're looking for, there is a mile round about hike to Point Dume- overlooks the ocean and is located close to Zuma Beach.
  • sunnysloth
    Options
    cool! i grew up by zuma so that would be a fun trek....i'll see if i can find it! thanks!
  • sunnysloth
    Options
    i think you're talking about stoney point....that hike is pretty good : )
  • jaymealexis
    jaymealexis Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Oh that might be it too :) I'm new in Malibu- but it's definitely a fun spot- I posted a bit about it on my fitness pal blog, you'll probably recognize the photos! I also like the hikes around the Malibu creek area!
  • NewtonCrosby
    NewtonCrosby Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    http://www.lamountains.com/parks.asp?parkid=78

^^<<--- O'Melveny Park in Granada Hills has some great hiking trails. I use to hike there all the time but then I moved to Burbank and found some really good hiking trails closer to home.
  • Gangwolf
    Gangwolf Posts: 40
    Options
    It's not in the Valley but I'm big on Malibu Creek State Park...there are a lot of different trails to choose from and if you go during the week it is DEAD so you can get real peace and quiet...a rarity in this town. If you're into Hollywood history it is where they shot a lot of old movies and TV shows (it used to be the Fox lot). Plus, there's a lake or two to jump in on those really hot days when your feet feel like hot coals.
  • tinarex
    tinarex Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    It's not the valley- but on the eastside (Hollywood) there's Runyon which is always a good spot and they have a steep trail or a longer, gradual trail.
  • LuisZ81
    LuisZ81 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Runyon, Griffith Park, and La Tuna Canyon
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Runyon is neat especially for dog owners such as myself. I personally like Baldwin Hills Scenic Overview in Culver City because of its strenous steps. I also like Malibu Canyon.
  • snshine1028
    snshine1028 Posts: 44 Member
    Options