training

Options
Hello! I'm new but not new to pf. I was getting annoyed with not seeing results from what I was doing so I did the training this week to get a program made. My trainers were really nice and awesome about showing me how to use the equipment which I didn't use the noncardio stuff much because I wasn't sure what to do when and all that. Tomorrow I'll be officially starting my first week of the program. Has anyone else done a program?

Replies

• kcb315
    kcb315 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I just started one like 2 weeks ago :)
  • _LA_
    _LA_ Posts: 111
    Options
    I met with a trainer 1/16 when I first joined. He set me up with a weights rotation schedule and cardio, supposed to be re-done on 3/16.
  • TGGolfer
    TGGolfer Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I think I need to get a once over by our trainer at PF. I have been working out 4 days an week doing most cardio to drop the 12 pounds and eating right but have hit the stupid stalemate wall. Losing fat around my middle but just not dropping the weight.
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    Part of why I went is because I was doing cardio w/resistance and nothing happened except my legs got bulkier ugh.
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    Well I've been doing the training. My legs are slimming down and other things firming up. No weight loss on the scale yet though but stuff fits better.
  • TGGolfer
    Options
    Keep at it.....inches going away is the most rewarding way to get fit and sassy
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hello, I met with our trainer for my workout before my wedding, lost 36 lbs (gained some weight after the wedding and now working on getting it off again). The one machine that she had us working on the most was the Arch machine, not sure if you have one at your PF but it kicks butt! Now that is all I us for cardio, then alt days with weights. The Arch machine works everything from your stomach down. I went from wearing a size 22 to a size 18 in my wedding gown, that was my mission. Now working on getting into a size 16 (dress in pic) for end of April. Then I'll figure out my next goal. Good luck I hope you find your groove!
  • TGGolfer
    Options
    I love the ARC Trainer......Do it every time when I go to PF
  • OhThatBlonde
    OhThatBlonde Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah Brown ... I love that you set up mini-goals - like the dress posted in your pic. That's an awesome constant reminder!! Congrats on your weight loss journey.
    I've taken a 10-month break from PF (had some medical issues I was dealing with) but I re-started this week. I Love the Arch too - Feels good to get back in there. :D
  • SarahBrown1979
    SarahBrown1979 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey Sarah Brown ... I love that you set up mini-goals - like the dress posted in your pic. That's an awesome constant reminder!! Congrats on your weight loss journey.
    I've taken a 10-month break from PF (had some medical issues I was dealing with) but I re-started this week. I Love the Arch too - Feels good to get back in there. :D

Thanks! I have to make mini goals so it keeps me motivated, otherwise I don't see the results and makes me want to quit and I can't, I have so much more to lose. I love that Machine! It totally kicks my butt but love it, lol. Sorry to hear you had medical issue but glad your better! WTG getting back in there!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    Well I have been following the workouts and I am finally seeing results, after changing my diet to lower carb and increasing my protein. I have shoulder muscles! wooo! And my arms are much slimmer. Haven't lost but like 2lbs on the scale but man I must have finally gained some muscle. I haven't had this kind of arm/shoulder defination ever even back when I was fit. Going to keep it up. I have added a few other things in with those workouts. I also lowered my straight cardio.
  • TGGolfer
    Options
    LOVE THE ARC TRAINER! I use it 4 days a week for 30 mins and burn between 500 and 600 calories. That 30 mins usually nets me about 1.5 miles of travel. Try to do that on a stationary bike or tread mill. Not happening. :bigsmile:

Keep up the good work!
  • redraidergirl2009
    Options
    LOVE THE ARC TRAINER! I use it 4 days a week for 30 mins and burn between 500 and 600 calories. That 30 mins usually nets me about 1.5 miles of travel. Try to do that on a stationary bike or tread mill. Not happening. :bigsmile:

Keep up the good work!

I use that sometimes, cutting back on my cardio since I don't see results from it really
  • carpediem4263
    carpediem4263 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I think I need to get a once over by our trainer at PF. I have been working out 4 days an week doing most cardio to drop the 12 pounds and eating right but have hit the stupid stalemate wall. Losing fat around my middle but just not dropping the weight.

Met with a trainer today. I always have the same problem. I guess those only burn the calories for the moment where the weight machines help you to burn calories by boosting your metabolism for up to three days after you do the machine.

I HIGHLY recommend meeting with a trainer to set up a plan!!