Christian Music

Options
flowergirl45
flowergirl45 Posts: 47 Member
Hi Everyone, what Christian music do people like? artist, group or song. When or where do you listen to music the most? in the car, on the treadmill, in the house? Music can be a good way to take our minds off of food :smile: Use it to feed our souls.

Replies

• knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    Options
    I'll answer later.
  • stephaniesjourney
    Options
    I don't know if you have ever heard of The Rochesters! One of my all time favorites..... beautiful music that makes you think on those things which are pleasing to the Lord.

I like listenening in the car, while cooking dinner, cleaning the house.... etc....
  • flowergirl45
    Options
    I haven't heard of the Rochesters before but I can look them up. I like the Getty's, Sovereign Grace and other praise and worship music. Sometimes I like old hymns. Sometimes I listen while on the computer or when I'm cleaning and in the car.
  • 1hotwoman
    Options
    I enjoy Michael W. Smith, Chris Tomlin, Casting Crowns and others. I listen on my mp3 with on the elliptical and on our local Christian radio station while doing whatever around the house.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I listen to K-Love in the car. Just went to see Jesus Culture in concert on Monday. Love anything by Natalie Grant!
  • sabbrown40
    Options
    I listen to a lot of gospel music like Isreal and New Breed (who sing God Has not Forgotten, Alpha and Omega, etc.), Fred Hammond, Kirk Franklin (Now Behold the Lamb, Down at the Altar, Silver and Gold, My Life is in His Hands, etc.), Rance Allen, Lee williams and the Spiritual Q.C.s. (I Can't give up now, Who Shall I fear, etc.), Luther Barnes (Spirit Fall Down), Deitrick Hadden (Heaven Knows, Count your Blessings, Sinner's Prayer, etc.), Rev. James Cleveland (Jesus is the Best Thing that Ever Happened to Me, He Keeps on Making a Way, etc.). Those are just a few of my favorites.....I love music.

I also like the inspirational hits from Lady Antbellum like Hello World.
  • LioshaM
    LioshaM Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin "Our God", Jesus Culture "He Loves Us"... I could go on and on!!! Oh, can't forget Mercy Me... "He Reigns"...These songs hype me up and encourage me to keep running!!!
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I sometimes listen to K-Love....I never get tired of Newsboys, DcTalk, Ray Boltz, Audio Adrenaline, Sanctus Real, most of the time though its the old church hymns that get stuck in my head lol
  • flowergirl45
    Options
    Too bad we can't all go for a car ride and crank up the music LOL :smile:
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    We have K-Love too, but I prefer WayFM. I think K-Love can be a little "shiny happy people" and WayFM feels more real, but I listen to both.

Love For King and Country right now!! Also listen to Hillsong, Casting Crowns, Newsboys, TobyMac, Audio A, and some harder Christian rock like Red and Skillet. Saw Skillet and TobyMac last year. Amazing!!
  • sabbrown40
    Options

AMEN to that! LOL
  • GracefulDancer4Christ
    GracefulDancer4Christ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I listen to Christian Satellite radio and American Family radio they are the only christian stations we have.

I like: Twila Paris ( i actually met her when I went to Youth With A Mission in Elm Springs, Arkansas) the mission school her dad founded. she visits at the end of her concert tours. she heard me sing and said wow you sound like me, if I have a sore throat you could fill in for me. When I used to work at chick Fila she said hi to me and gave me $ to buy a lemonade on my break she saw I was being overworked and treated badly.

I also like Karen Wheaton, Point of Grace, Avalon , to name a few of them.
  • alsunrise
    alsunrise Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am mainly into contemporary christian, but I'm not against any of it. I just like the ones that speak to my heart, but that I can dance to also. lol

But I would recommend a country christian couple, actually they just added a third member. i don't know if any of you have ever heard of them, but their name is Back Home. They are so inspirational and have the strongest testimony that i have ever seen. They write a lot of their music and they've wrote a lot with some of the bigger names like Karen Peck and Don Pythress and several other. Anyway... They're website is www.backhomesings.com and there is samples of music on their site.
  • Territravel
    Territravel Posts: 165 Member
    Options

Might be a long car ride! lol.....
  • jzbjjm
    jzbjjm Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi Everyone, what Christian music do people like? artist, group or song. When or where do you listen to music the most? in the car, on the treadmill, in the house? Music can be a good way to take our minds off of food :smile: Use it to feed our souls.

I listen to all genres but mostly listen to country, gospel, and r&b. I mostly listen at work (because I enjoy the online radio moreso than the actual radio in the van/@ home). The music station I've been listening to lately is Malaco Gospel Radio..here is there link if interested in checking them out http://www.malacogospelradio.com/ Another option is if you have Windows media Player under Radio Tuner. When I use the radio tuner I click search radio stations, choose english (united states) and genre (religious). They have great stations up there. 3 are my favorite 1FM 102FM and Soulful Radio Network.

God Bless and it would be lovely if we were all able to ride in the car together listening to music :flowerforyou:
  • April9393
    April9393 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of the Rochesters before but I can look them up. I like the Getty's, Sovereign Grace and other praise and worship music. Sometimes I like old hymns. Sometimes I listen while on the computer or when I'm cleaning and in the car.

I absolutely love the Gettys!!
  • Lauralee119
    Options
    I love Hillsong, Matt Redman, All Sons and Daughters, Leeland, Chris Tomlin and David Crowder Band!
  • spoarch21
    spoarch21 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I mostly listen to WayFM in my car but I like K-Love too. My favorite right now is Big Daddy Weave, Reedemed. I listen to contemporary Christian most of the time because that just happens to be what my radio picks up but I also like southern gospel and Flame.
  • tobiAnn_
    tobiAnn_ Posts: 9
    Options
    I love all genre's of music.. as long as it glorifies God :) Recently, I've really been listening to this guy called Andy Mineo (Christian Rapper). He just released an album called "Heroes for Sale". It's SO legit. I HIGHLY recommend it! Another Christian rapper Ive been listening to alot recently is Da truth.. he has a new album out as well called "Love Hope and War".. I love worship music also! I listen to most of it in the car :) I blast it REALLY loud! lol
  • flowergirl45
    Options
    Thanks for all the music replys. Happy Listening. Blessings everyone!