Muscle Tightness Question!

Options
The day after my 5x5 workouts I always get tight/sore in my back. It isn't a pain or ache from doing the lifts wrong, but just an uncomfortable tightness like I need a nice massage. Do you ladies have any suggestions or tips as far as stretches after the fact that can help me with this?

Thanks!

Replies

• Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Foam Roller! You can pick them up for super cheap and there are tons of places online to learn about different stretches! It will change your life!
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, foam roller. Hurts soooo gooooood.

Also, make sure you are getting enough water, and eating a decent meal (proteins AND carbs) within 1-2 hours of lifting so that your muscles have something to use for repair. How long have you been lifting heavy? I found that after about 4 weeks I stopped getting the DOMS quite so bad (delayed onset muscle soreness).
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, foam roller. Hurts soooo gooooood.

Also, make sure you are getting enough water, and eating a decent meal (proteins AND carbs) within 1-2 hours of lifting so that your muscles have something to use for repair. How long have you been lifting heavy? I found that after about 4 weeks I stopped getting the DOMS quite so bad (delayed onset muscle soreness).

Haha totally forgot about the protein and and water....I got so excited about the foam roller :laugh: hot bath with epsom salts also work wonders :happy:
  • faithnna
    faithnna Posts: 42
    Options
    Just started about 3 weeks ago so not too far into it, hoping it'll go away because it suckssssss. But I'm gonna see if I can find one of those today on my lunch!
  • F1uffy123
    F1uffy123 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    yes what eveyone else has said!

I tried an epsom salt bath for the first time recently (after seeing vegasbaby mention them - THANKYOU) and works wonders!!

+

Foam roller (also only recently tried this and now wonder why i never have before)
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I get pretty bad DOMS and muscle tightness. I use a tennis ball and foam roller with stretching, have protein after my workout, and a nice hot shower. always helps :)

and it wouldn't hurt if you could get your SO to give you a nice back rub lol