Lady Cyclist FYI...

Gray Goat is hosting a Women's Ride Day: May 5th

Come out for a special ride for Women. We have women ride leaders and you can pick your pace. We even added a new Goat Mini route that's about 13.5-13.7 miles long if you're not used to riding very far. Come for fun and prizes too! Ride starts about 2:00, come at 1:00 for more fun.

Angie

Replies

• Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 821 Member
    This caught my eye for a possibility for the wife (I'm not a woman obvously)... But anyway, here's my question: What day is this ride?
  • aeverton
    aeverton Posts: 359
    Oooops! Sorry the ride is May 5th.

I'll go back and edit.

Angie
  • bethliberti
    bethliberti Posts: 9 Member
    How do you sign up for this? I'm on GG's website and can't find anything about it.

**edited after a cup of coffee**
    I found out more info via the Facebook page for GG. :)
  • vjones7107
    vjones7107 Posts: 2 Member
    How can I get more info on the ride. Where is the starting point? Do I need to sign up in advance?
  • bethliberti
    bethliberti Posts: 9 Member
    https://www.facebook.com/events/360409260747149/

If you go to Gray Goat's FB page, the event is posted there. The above link will get you there.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    how long is the "normal" ride? also, how long are the rides they have every saturday? sorry if i'm being stupid and not seeing this somewhere
  • aeverton
    the Saturday rides are: 25, 37, 48 miles. They just added the 13.7 ride.

Here is a link for the maps. http://ridewithgps.com/users/137749/routes

the routes are marked...let me figure out how to upload a picture.

Angie
  • aeverton
    graygoat.jpg
  • kathyazach
    kathyazach Posts: 22 Member
    so I am wondering how many women on MFP are going to this? Angie sounds like you are going? I live a bit aways from the GG but would be worth the drive to meet some of my fellow MFPers. Let me know ladies if you are going and I will make sure to show up! :)
  • seena511
    i plan to be there unless it's raining. i'm gonna do the 48 mile course
  • aeverton
    I'll be there!!

Angie
  • seena511
    what to do? with the rain this afternoon i'm thinking i should get my 45 miler in this morning instead of waiting :-( the chance of rain has shot up to 45%. i don't have appropriate rain gear to do it all while it's pouring down on me. guess i just answered my own question. wonder if i should still go to the shop for the pre-ride activities though.