Replies

• IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My
  • All4my2_325423
    All4my2_325423 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Matisha (23) single mother of my wonderful overenergetic 3 year old...lol I currently work fulltime and am a fulltime student. There always seems to be so much on my plate and not enough hours in the day, but I am taking the time out for me to see a better and healthier me. Before I had my daughter I lost 50 lbs. I have since put that 50 and then a little more back on! I'm not completely utterly disgusted when I look at myself in the mirror, BUT im not extremely overwhelmed with joy either... so my motto is if you dont like something CHANGE IT, which is exactly what brings me here! I have been a yo-yo dieter and exerciser and have finally realized that no matter how long i do it a DIET will never work for me, yet I must change my whole lifestyle! I hope to get to know all you ladies and hopefully this time next year I can share how I met my weight loss goals and how im still maintaing a healthy lifestyle!
  • TrainingWithTonya
    TrainingWithTonya Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Tonya. I'm 39, married to Mike, and have 2 teenagers, 19 and 17. My Son (the 19 yo) just moved out and my Daughter is a junior in high school and on the cheerleading squad and golf team. Thankfully, she's old enough to drive herself to practice! LOL I am currently on break from school, but have been doing 18 hour semesters for the last couple of years so that I can get my bachelors in exercise physiology and minor in nutrition. Thankfully, I only have one semester left and all I have in this coming semester is my 12 credit hour internship in the cardiac rehab department of one of our local hospitals. This is a really good thing not only because I will graduate in May, but also because I only have 10 weeks of internship so I'll be done in March and because my internship site is half the distance from my house then the school was so my commute will only be an hour now instead of two. :wink: I have also already been accepted into the masters in exercise science program at the University of South Florida so I will be moving there and beginning classes in August. For work, I do private personal training about 10 hours a week.
  • CaeliAria
    Options
    Hi, my name is Megan.

I am a mother of 4, ages 8, 5, 3, and 18 months. I am in a semi-committed relationship right now, but still consider myself a single mother because my children's father left when I was about 4 months pregnant with the youngest.

I do work from home as a technical support person. It's really hard having kid food in the house while I'm trying to make such drastic changes in my eating habits. I'm thinking everyone is going to end up being healthier right along with me!

I think my biggest challenge right now is trying to find time to take care of myself. I am so very busy with making sure bills are paid, kids are fed, dressed and bathed, and doing dishes and laundry for 5 people every day there is pretty much no time left for meal planning or keeping track of calories. I'm hoping this community will help me stay on track.

I am brand new and need friends, so add me pretty please!
  • SheilaParker
    SheilaParker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Sheila Parker and I'm a mom to two very beautiful active boys, ages 4 years and 15 months. I am a stay at home mom and attend college full time. I have been overweight for probably the past 10 years and it got worse with each child. I put so much of my time and attention into my family, ate too much and didn't exercise. About 4 months after I had my second son I decided it was time to get myself back on track and get the weight off.

I started out by joining Curve's and it worked and I love it but when I made the decision to go back to school it just wasn't working out for me anymore. So I finally decided to buy a workout program that I could do at home and have almost stuck with it for 30 days. At first it was hard, I had the motivation but just the thought of how much weight I had to lose scared me. There were days that I was mentally trying to talk myself out of doing the work out but pushed myself because I know how much better I felt when it was complete.

Thursday, 01/05/12, will be my 30 day point and now my work outs have become like second nature. I'm excited to see how much weight I have lost during the past month. I look forward to keeping my motivation through this group and offering what I can.

14265798.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • jessicagrimwood
    Options
    Hiya! My name is Jessica and I am 33 years old. I have about 150 lbs to lose. I am currently a full time college student, wife, and mother. Currently I have have the pleasure of not working but I still put in a lot of work. My husband is disabled and cannot do a whole lot around the house and I have a 16 year old (that should explain it). So most of the house work is put on me. Now I am trying to embark on this journey and will hopefully be successful.
  • Churble
    Churble Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm Cheryl, a 31 year old single mom of a 9 year old boy. I've been overweight since I was a teenager, and now I work in IT which means sitting and staring at a computer screen all day. Not a lot of chances to exercise in that job. I went to the doctor for an ear infection one day and during the dreaded weigh in, watched the nurse push the weight on the scale from the 250 mark to the 300 and decided I had to fix this. Can't believe I'm almost a third of the way toward my goal. It still doesn't feel possible.
  • akgrown4
    akgrown4 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm Nikita. I am a twenty-five year old college mom of four kids. I am trying to find some support in losing the weight I have gained from having my babies and putting other people's needs first. Please add me as a friend.
  • Cowgirly21
    Cowgirly21 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am Summer. Married and 3 kids. 9 year old daughter and 4 year old twins. I am a SAHM and a FT student. One of my daughters is special needs, so that in itself is a lot of work. I am also married to a cop who works crazy hours which can be hard on the family. I was running a lot in early 2011 but then my husband got really sick for 3 months and I stopped. I just ran a 1/2 marathon in 3 hours with ZERO training and it's really jump started my motivation. So in addition to running I am doing 30DS. I am hoping to lose 35 lbs this year.

2225990.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • laurafrisby81
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Laura. I am 30 yrs old and married. I have 3 kids (11,5,4). I attend college part time (for nursing) and work part time too. It's a busy life, but I am trying to keep up. I recently have had blood pressure problems and have been advised to lose weight. I personally have been putting myself on the back burner and needed the realization that I have to be healthy for myself. If I'm not healthy, how are others around me that I take care of supposed to be healthy too?
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    MacKenzie here,
    College student soon to be first time mom. Married.

Baby was a surprise, we wanted to wait until I was in my late 20's to start, but God had other plans!
    We are excited! I am 19w and we find out the sex next friday. Due 9/6 :)
  • bktibbetts
    bktibbetts Posts: 140
    Options
    Hi! My name is Brenda and I have 5 kids - 19, 16(almost), 14, 13 and 6. I work full time at a Head Start office in administration and I am taking independant study classes to complete my bachelor's degree. I started MFP in January and have lost 41 lbs. as of today. Life for me, as all of you, is crazy. It has been an interesting journey so far - mom's taking time for herself - WHAT?????? But they are getting used to it and really encourage me more than anything. I hope to get to know all of you gals - It's nice to have friends to encourage - go ahead and send me a friend request if you would like! Here's to getting to know each other!
  • JDking22
    JDking22 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Jessica I am 23, I have two girls ages 5 and 3. I am a college student I just got into the nursing program and I am currently inrolled in two classes which are almost over then a summer class then nursing school. No breaks here. Iv gained 10lbs sence starting night classes so i went from needing to lose 20 to needing to lose 30lbs. well on my way i love mfp its such a help glad im not the only one who still hasnt shed those baby lbs makes me feel better to know others are right there with me trying to make it better.
  • MamaJess
    MamaJess Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Hello all. My name is Jessica. I am 30 years old and I have 6 children. ages 11, 10, 9,9,7,and 2 years old. Yes I have twins. I work full time and I am also taking night classes to become an EMT. I currently work as a CNA in a care center. I love my husband, children, and residents but sometimes it doesn't leave much for me to give to my self. I recently created a workout schedule to fit in with my hectic schedule and so far it is working out pretty well.
  • Jendaby
    Jendaby Posts: 7
    Options
    Hello!

My name is Jenifer, and I am a full-time student majoring in history. I am finishing my BA, which i wasn't able to finish when I was "supposed" to because of a health emergency. When i finish my BA, I plan to go on to get my Master's in Library Science. I am also the PTA Board Secretary for the school my kids (grades 2 and 4) attend. On top of this, i do my best to find freelance work, keep the house in order, and get in shape!