April Chat

Options
babeinthemoon
babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
Hi everyone! My life is being turned upside down... but that doesn't mean I'm not here.. just not logging food. sigh. LOL

In anycase, my April is shaping up to being extreamly busy. I'll be ont he road from the 16th through May 2nd... I'll try to pop in and say boo... but no guarantees!!

I hope that you have a great month!!

Onward and downward!! We can do this!!!

Replies

• justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    My life has taken some turns as well. All good, but all requiring an adjustment period. I have continued to eat well, and log, but still have not lost. Getting very frustrated and disheartened....
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    oh man! that sucks. I've been messing with the same 5 pounds for the last several weeks. Mostly because I'm not staying on plan 100%.

Once you've tried the diet 100% as written, have you tried some of the tweaks that Chris recommends in the book?? I'd quote page numbers, but my book is in Oregon & I'm in Texas at the moment.

Good Luck! Remember... it is a lifestyle choice, not a "diet." You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    I am very much on vacation right now. Took a short run two days in a row... this in no way was enough to really be a "great workout" but it was good enough to not feel guilty about the quantity or type of foods I've been eating. ;-) Yesterday was a pretty good food day. Every day is a "funday" right now... but I'm trying to keep my portion sizes within reason.

I had a breakfast shake
    Thai at lunch
    and a 1/3 lb burger patty w/ large salad and a little dressing at dinner. yummy!!!

Today
    egg/bacon toast w/ pb
    cupcake
    cupcake
    cupcake
    spaghetti squash w/ turkey sausage/spaghetti sauce, 1" of garlic bread and a large salad w/ a little dressing
    frozen yogurt out.. no idea of the quantity... it was such a huge bowl, but was only partially filled. :)

In any case, I am very much not on CTL at the moment... but I'm trying to eat okay. I'm looking forward to getting back home and getting back on track. The exercise is starting to come back into my life too... I foresee this summer to totally rock!
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't been here. We've been dealing with stuff lately too. I just had my grocery "privileges" taken away. My husband thinks I spend too much money on groceries. He hasn't done the shopping in about 8 years. I spend about $100/week for 3 of us. So he's doing the shopping starting this weekend, let's see how this goes lol But that also means I probably won't have much of a choice on healthy foods. Anyway, just a bit of complaining, sorry :)
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    oh boy. Good luck on the groceries. Hopefully it get's sorted out soon. :)

I promised my friend's son that I would do 10 pushups for every base he got to tomorrow at his baseball game. i'm praying he doesn't score too many runs. lol!!

-s
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    I burned over 1000 calories (HRM) at my friend's kids' track practice tonight. Warm-up was a jog around the track in under 3 min. Then I walked around the track for 3.5 miles over 1hr7min... this included walking up and down a short&steep hill 4 times.

After being there 1.25hrs I decided to sprint around the track as far as I could. I ran about 200m in under 1 min. (approx 100m dash time was about 30s) Not bad for this fat old lady. LOL!!!

We still had time to kill so we flipped a 5ft tire end over end for 1/2 a football field. Not bad at all.

But the best thing ever was being able to encourage a mom who was on her 2nd walking workout in a row during track practice. She said that she had gotten out of the habit of working out, and was really out of shape (she really wasn't much larger than me). I told her flat out where I was last summer as far as fitness goes.. and told her, that if she wants it... she can do it!!! She was shocked at how far I've come... Quite frankly, I think I'm surprised too!
  • 311Sarah
    311Sarah Posts: 16
    Options
    I too have been MIA for the last month! I am back on track today and feeling pumped! Let's hope I can keep up the momentum. I am going to do 2 low carb days, 1 high, 2 low, cheat day then 1 high.

I have been on vacation and just busy with life but I am not going to beat my self up for not following the plan for a month. I am going to try and learn from it and move forward. I really want to be <200 pounds by the end of the summer so I am going to stick with it!!!
  • Circapaleo
    Circapaleo Posts: 114
    Options
    Oh wow...I'm so glad this group isn't dead. I have an amazing power that when I discover a blog or group or whatever that I love, it immediately dies. I'm so glad there are people still here. :)
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Yeah, some of us are still here. I like to chat a lot, but I've also been on vacation for the last several weeks. I'm planning on being on track by next monday at the latest.

-sarah