Que Pasa?

Options
Nmira09
Nmira09 Posts: 88 Member
Hi Girls!

I hope you're all doing great. (= i'm sorry I haven't been as active /: I joined a bootcamp class and it is kicking my butt! I'm still eating healthy but progress has been so sloooowwwww. I haven't lost any weight and that really frustrates me. However, I haven't gained any so that's good!

How are you doing?

Replies

• VeronicaAM
    Options
    That is a big coomplishment not to gaining , and knowing that your doing the right thing and working out hard , soon you'll see progress
  • MarieCoreaa1
    MarieCoreaa1 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls!

I hope you're all doing great. (= i'm sorry I haven't been as active /: I joined a bootcamp class and it is kicking my butt! I'm still eating healthy but progress has been so sloooowwwww. I haven't lost any weight and that really frustrates me. However, I haven't gained any so that's good!

How are you doing?

Not doing so well. I have gained the little bit I had lost. I try to eat healthy, but then stress happens. I guess this is how my body responds to stress. I bought the new Zumba DVD's and trying it along with the older ones I have had for a while. Hopefully this will get me going again. Hope the bootcamp gives you a boost!!
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Yes, stress gets the best of us! I have been stuck on the same weight and gained a pound...it's frustrating but I need to find a new workout routine. I like bootcamp but I don't love it like i love zumba!
    Hi Girls!

How are you doing?

Not doing so well. I have gained the little bit I had lost. I try to eat healthy, but then stress happens. I guess this is how my body responds to stress. I bought the new Zumba DVD's and trying it along with the older ones I have had for a while. Hopefully this will get me going again. Hope the bootcamp gives you a boost!!
  • WannaBLoser2013
    Options
    Hi Girls: I was maintaining my weight for almost a month. Of course that is not what I want right now. I still need to lose almost 50 pounds. I bought the bodymedia link armband, lowered my calories and changed workout program. I am now losing 1.5 pounds a week again. Today I will finish day 1 of hip hop abs. I am really enjoying that program. I honestly like it so much better than Zumba. I bought the Zumba DVDs two years ago and the only one I use regularly is the Zumba Flat Abs.
    This journey is about motivation. As long as you stay motivated you will move forward :-) Don't give up girls.
  • claritarejoice
    claritarejoice Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Thanks nmiramontes for keeping this group going :) you're awesome.

Yesterday I was at a huge Nigerian party all evening, which is similar to a huge Mexican party. Lots of food! I have also basically been maintaining, or at least losing really slowly. I only have about 3 pounds left to lose to get to my goal weight, and these last pounds are coming off so slowly. I've made some commitments for May to kick the weight loss back into gear: 1) Eating: tighten up my eating, log accurately, and only eat ice cream (or dessert) 2x a week. I was eating ice cream like every day in April! 2) Exercise: exercise every day (in addition to walking to work), weightlift 2-3x a week and run minimum 1x a week. I had been failing so badly at the weightlifting and running for the last month or two and I really need to get back to doing those consistently. I am supposed to go out and run right now. Work got really busy last month and I wasn't making the time I needed to take care of myself and keep up my fitness commitments, so I need to change that in May.

You ladies are the best! I feel you on the stress - we have to prioritize our health. We can do this!
  • Nmira09
    Options
    Is hip hop abs a video? sounds fun! I need to buy that armand too...Gosh you girl motivate me!

Hi Girls: I was maintaining my weight for almost a month. Of course that is not what I want right now. I still need to lose almost 50 pounds. I bought the bodymedia link armband, lowered my calories and changed workout program. I am now losing 1.5 pounds a week again. Today I will finish day 1 of hip hop abs. I am really enjoying that program. I honestly like it so much better than Zumba. I bought the Zumba DVDs two years ago and the only one I use regularly is the Zumba Flat Abs.
    This journey is about motivation. As long as you stay motivated you will move forward :-) Don't give up girls.
  • Nmira09
    Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one! It is so good to hear from you girls! i got a physical recently and my doctor says I'm doing well and that if my progress is slow, I need to add more to my workout routine. I finished bootcamp and just signed up for some zumba classes so we'll see how that goes!

Thanks nmiramontes for keeping this group going :) you're awesome.

Yesterday I was at a huge Nigerian party all evening, which is similar to a huge Mexican party. Lots of food! I have also basically been maintaining, or at least losing really slowly. I only have about 3 pounds left to lose to get to my goal weight, and these last pounds are coming off so slowly. I've made some commitments for May to kick the weight loss back into gear: 1) Eating: tighten up my eating, log accurately, and only eat ice cream (or dessert) 2x a week. I was eating ice cream like every day in April! 2) Exercise: exercise every day (in addition to walking to work), weightlift 2-3x a week and run minimum 1x a week. I had been failing so badly at the weightlifting and running for the last month or two and I really need to get back to doing those consistently. I am supposed to go out and run right now. Work got really busy last month and I wasn't making the time I needed to take care of myself and keep up my fitness commitments, so I need to change that in May.

You ladies are the best! I feel you on the stress - we have to prioritize our health. We can do this!