Questions/comments in General

Options
Staci415
Staci415 Posts: 8 Member
Hi all! Thought I would start a topic that is just for anything/ stage, not specific to recipes as I am not sure where to post my random babbling. I am starting day 1 of phase 3 and let me say as a loving carnivore...whew am I glad phase 2 is over. Now this is only my first week, so of course I obviously need more planning on things to eat, hoping it gets easier as I "learn" the book and lists by heart. I have to get it out everyday to double check everything,LOL.

Question: I had never eaten the sprouted grain bread, tortillas, etc....and was wondering what brands everyone eats, and what is the best? As it is quite expensive and don't want to be the guinea pig on taste testing it!

I also tried the NOVA smoked salmon ( store bought) for the first time with the cucumber slices....I loved this snack idea, super yummy and incredibly filling! Had to look quite a bit for a brand that was nitrate free, which seems to be my problem on alot of stuff!

Staci

Replies

• Staci415
    Staci415 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    as i am new to this board, i just discovered how to see all topics, so there is others like this....my rookie mistake!
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't remember the name brand of the sprout bread that I bought, I'll have to get back to you on that, but I was surprised that it tasted like normal bread! I found it at my local health food store.
  • bound4beauty
    bound4beauty Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I buy the Ezekiel 4:9 brand. I've had the bread and the bagels but have not tried the tortillas yet. It can be found in the freezer section of the grocery store.
  • Kreepie1965
    Kreepie1965 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am allergic to tomatos and was wondering if anyone had suggestions since so many of the recipes and "sandwiches" contain tomatos in some form.

Thanks!