Whats your workout music?

Options
What Artist\Genre gets you moving? Any particular songs you love to listen to when working out?

Replies

• missharleychick
    Options
    First, there is no way I can exercise without music. I think that is the one thing that will have me skip a workout, is if I don't have access to music. *big music lover here*

Pandora has a great Classic Rock Power Workout station... It pumps you up with AC/DC, Scorpions,. CCR and a bunch of other great artists. Its my fav!

I will also switch to Hip Hop too, usually the latest and greatest on the radio. (Bandz that make her dance, lol)
  • TrinaGoss
    TrinaGoss Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm probably really strange in saying this, but I have a hard time working out with music - and I am a HUGE music lover! I find I get bored though. I record a couple of tv shows during the day, and I watch those while I work out. It's pretty much the only chance I get to watch what I like every day, so I look forward to it. :smile:
  • Dbrock25
    Dbrock25 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Rolling Stones, Journey, .38 Special, Modest Mouse (Float On), and of course CCR! (Iheart Radio Classic Rock)
  • Unaisha8
    Unaisha8 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I found that working out whilst listening to music always boost up my energy. I listen to Hip Hop and RnB music especially Pitbull songs. However, I enjoy anything that has some good beats :wink:
  • junkintrunk5
    junkintrunk5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    MUSIC FREAK, RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!

I'm glad there are other classic rock lovers......I love anything that get's me moving:)

My personal favorites are Van Halen, Tragically Hip, Lenny Kravitz....Bruno Mars for some reason:)

My favorite running song that makes me forget that I'm even running......Silent Lucidity by Queensryche!!!!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    My tastes seem a bit different than eveyone else so far HAHA...

I have a large selection of music, but the ones I frequently listen too are Nine Inch Nails, Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Pantera, Alice in Chains, Queens of the Stone Age, Them Crooked Vultures, Pearl Jam, Beastie Boys, Deftones, Kyuss, Led Zeppelin, Primus (LOOOOVE Les Claypool!!) Tool, Sublime, Rage Against the Machine, Stone Temple Pilots, Rush.... The list goes on... :P
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love classic rock, especially '70's. BUT, when I am working out it is all about rap and hip hop. My favorites are Jay Z and all of his collabos, Kanye West, Lil Wayne, Eminem, Nicki Minaj, Missy Elliot, Flo Rida, and on and on and on...
  • angieshubin
    angieshubin Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Pretty much anything with a good beat. It helps me keep going. One of my favorites on my play list is a remix of "Eye of the Tiger" Nothing like that song to really get you going!
  • tameekag
    tameekag Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I love 70's disco and classic rock.
    I also love "ghetto" rap music with a lot of beats (older stuff though...I'm not too fond of new rap).

My gym does a class on Friday morning called "Bootylicious Fridays" and every song on the playlist is booty-related.
    It's fun!
  • TheFabTam
    TheFabTam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I think I'm a little harder than most. lol My favorite song to workout to is "Til I collapse" Eminem. I get so pumped and go hard.
    The following bands are on my Pandora Workout Station:

Seether
    The Avett Brothers (A little slower)
    Eminem
    Stone Sour (A fave!)
    Less than Jake
    Lupe Fiasco
    Skillet (<3)
    Rise Against
    The Offspring
    Matchbox 20
    and of course some Backstreet Boys!!!! Love that you can mix and seed the stations now!
  • krk5235
    krk5235 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Birdsongs. Wood thrush surprised me cuz most of my hiking has been along open fields, then the usual, red wing and starling blackbirds, sparrows, robins, swallows, sparrows, geese, and an occasional turkey going to roost. Yep i am just different.
  • curses7
    curses7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    It depends. This week has been the cheesy pop week so it's been James-Greatest Hits and Deee-Lite-World Clique. As I work my way up to a faster pace I am going to need to find faster music.
  • TheFabTam
    Options
    Birdsongs. Wood thrush surprised me cuz most of my hiking has been along open fields, then the usual, red wing and starling blackbirds, sparrows, robins, swallows, sparrows, geese, and an occasional turkey going to roost. Yep i am just different.

Like a boss Keith!
  • warriorprincessdi
    warriorprincessdi Posts: 617 Member
    Options

AWESOME! I only listen to music if I am at the gym to block out the background noise... Outside, I like the sounds of nature too :)
  • smittygirl
    smittygirl Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Love all of the above. When I need a dose of motivation a new album does the trick. Will I Am, Willpower, is my next in line to purchase.
  • johnic777
    johnic777 Posts: 13
    Options
    Soca music
  • missharleychick
    Options
    MUSIC FREAK, RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!

I'm glad there are other classic rock lovers......I love anything that get's me moving:)

My personal favorites are Van Halen, Tragically Hip, Lenny Kravitz....Bruno Mars for some reason:)

My favorite running song that makes me forget that I'm even running......Silent Lucidity by Queensryche!!!!

Ha Ha at Music Freak...I am too, I use music for EVERYTYHING!
  • TheFabTam
    Options
    I need music for everything. I vicariously live through music. lol