Headaches after working out?

Options
AsellusReborn
AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
I've noticed lately that after a run I tend to get a headache and this is ... well it's irritating. They vary in intensity. I am prone to migraines anyway but I've definitely caught a pattern, and it doesn't seem to matter how well fed or well hydrated I am. Anyone else experiencing this or any ideas on how to avoid? Tylenol is the only thing my doctor said and ... it's pretty useless.

Replies

• aprilkida
    aprilkida Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Although I can't help, I can sympathize! I'm in the same boat and experiencing it right this moment. Tylenol is a joke, I think that's why they let us have it!
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    It really is lol!
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Ugh that is so annoying :(
    I sometimes get headaches after I work out but it's almost always dehydration related.
    Hope it lets up and sorry I can't be much help.
  • AsellusReborn
    Options
    I drink a minimum of 8 8oz glasses a day, usually 9-10 and on days with hour+ workouts usually 11-12. So I don't think it's dehydration although I do know I get dehydration headaches even when not pregnant...the only thing I'm thinking is I know hydration affects BP and it's possible my pregnant body's BP is sensitive enough that exercise is causing BP affects similar to dehydration on my non pregnant body. A pain in the butt because it means I'm not working out every day like I'd like to.
  • beuniqueheather
    Options
    Funny you posted this. I ran seven miles today and then about three hours later have a nasty headache. I have had 3 liters of water today so I doubt its dehydration. It seems to happen to me more when I try and push my times. And I do struggle a bit with dehydration I just don't see how that could be the problem?? I tried tylenol but your right, it does nothing. Have you heard of upping your calcium and magnesium? I read that this could help.
  • Taraanne76
    Taraanne76 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I got a headache after spin/leg lifts the other day and chalked it up as just preggo headaches. Maybe it is from exercise? I do drink a lot while working out and breathe w/out holding breath so idk what could cause it. With my last two babies I was prescribed fioricet for migraines and I'm keeping hopeful that they won't return this time.