SUPER personal question

Options
2»

Replies

• BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I tend to shave or use NAIR before the appointments they're messing around down there. I don't think you're supposed to use nair in that area, but oh well. I did that before I went into labor too...it was an induction, so I had the luxury of knowing when to be ready. lol.
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    I tend to shave or use NAIR before the appointments they're messing around down there. I don't think you're supposed to use nair in that area, but oh well. I did that before I went into labor too...it was an induction, so I had the luxury of knowing when to be ready. lol.

Yeah, I read that last night on the Veet instructions. As long as I don't get it *in* anything, I think I'll be ok. I'm going to be very careful about application :wink:

ETA that if that doesn't work, I think I'll order the Venus bikini trimmer from Amazon on super fast shipping (maybe it will be time to just get a Prime membership once and for all).
  • RBXChas
    Options
    Ok, so I wanted to check in after the weekend. Last night I went into attack mode with the Veet. At first I thought, this is total crap, it's not doing anything, but when I got in the shower, I started pulling at what's there, and it started coming off! Yay!

After some good scrubbing, it looks clean *enough* - I honestly didn't inspect it too closely with the hand mirror but tried to look as best I could in the vanity mirror. I mean, it looks like a blind person may have been in charge of my hair control, but it's much, much better than it was. It doesn't need to be pretty, just manageable. I think from here on out I could probably keep it trimmed up with my electric razor. (I forgot that it has a trimmer attachment.)

So, success?
  • rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I wanted to check in after the weekend. Last night I went into attack mode with the Veet. At first I thought, this is total crap, it's not doing anything, but when I got in the shower, I started pulling at what's there, and it started coming off! Yay!

After some good scrubbing, it looks clean *enough* - I honestly didn't inspect it too closely with the hand mirror but tried to look as best I could in the vanity mirror. I mean, it looks like a blind person may have been in charge of my hair control, but it's much, much better than it was. It doesn't need to be pretty, just manageable. I think from here on out I could probably keep it trimmed up with my electric razor. (I forgot that it has a trimmer attachment.)

So, success?

Yeah! Thanks for the update.
  • firefae25
    Options
    First i use electric clippers, then I get in the bath and use a suction cup held mirror and go razor from there... not perfect, but enough to make me comfortable.:blushing:
  • lmercil
    lmercil Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay I am a neat freak down there so here goes! I am a waxer and have continued to do so during my pregnancy. We live on our boat during the summer, so there is no going natural for me. I will say it is not for the faint of heart especially if you haven't ever done it before. I will say not all estheticians are alike so it takes time to find a good one - which can make a huge difference. There are also different types of waxes/waxing and some hurt worse than others. As for cleanliness...be picky. There is alot to be said for a quality salon with a good reputation. Get referrals. It is going to hurt some, but you shouldn't be bruising and it shouldn't be excrutiating. If it is find someone better. But like I said now may not be the time to be shopping around.

On the question on Veet...which I personally love...it was a big NO on my drs list for pregnant women. My doctor strongly advised against it. So I would be sure you talk to your doctor before going that route.

Finally there are some really nice ladies razors with an electric trimmer on one end. Target has them, they aren't that expensive. They don't seem to let you get too close.

Good luck!
  • SCSmalley
    SCSmalley Posts: 18
    Options
    I borrowed my husbands trimmer, held it by the end and hoped for the best. There wasn't much else to be done. I probably looked like I was trimmed by a blind person!

Me too!!
  • Crazyartgrrl
    Crazyartgrrl Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA I just asked my husband if he would be willing to help me trim "down there"......his face lit up brighter than a Christmas tree! I had no idea he was willing and he said "well DUH!". Poor guy, I've been on pelvic rest since week 20. ;-)
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant yet, but Ive been getting Brazilian wax lately... it's not as painful as it seems, and it only takes 10 minutes (my lady does it in 10 minutes at least)... hopefully I can keep to this routine, otherwise my husband will have to trim me down there
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I'm not pregnant yet, but Ive been getting Brazilian wax lately... it's not as painful as it seems, and it only takes 10 minutes (my lady does it in 10 minutes at least)... hopefully I can keep to this routine, otherwise my husband will have to trim me down there

I was getting brazilians before being pregnant and definitely could not handle it right now!
  • ritmeyer
    ritmeyer Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Waxing while prengant REALLY hurts. And I've had a child with no epidural...and that crap hurts. I just shave...it all. When I'm pregnant and can't see, I use an electric razor once. Get rid of all of it, then shave every shower.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Me and my razor had a good relationship until 41weeks. I can't handle having a bush and it just felt right being totally landscaped for the whole stitches/healing process.

I give credit to prenatal yoga for being able to take care of it!

Next baby I think I'll go the waxing route. Can't hurt more than giving birth, right?
  • RBXChas
    Options
    HAHAHA I just asked my husband if he would be willing to help me trim "down there"......his face lit up brighter than a Christmas tree! I had no idea he was willing and he said "well DUH!". Poor guy, I've been on pelvic rest since week 20. ;-)

That's too funny! I was sick then put on pelvic rest. We literally have had no contact "down there" since I had a positive pregnancy test. From experience, I can tell you I likely won't be up for it by the time I'm cleared at 6 weeks postpartum. Poor guy!
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options

I was getting brazilians before being pregnant and definitely could not handle it right now!

Now you are getting me nervous.... Oh well... I guess I'll see how it goes once I get pregnant...
  • ybodwen
    ybodwen Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    So.. I am actually getting one tomorrow.. I know I'm crazy but I am so grossed out not to (couldn't care less about what my doctor thinks- I'm just used to it and this is just for me..) anyone actually go for it during pregnancy? I need some sisterly encouragement! :)
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Let me know how it goes...I have been super super thinking about even though I know it's probably more than I can handle...just dislike my ungroomed state :P