How/ Where is everyone?!!

Options
erikacole
erikacole Posts: 87 Member
Hey gals! Kind of quiet around here... Hope things are going well :)

I am doing great on my eating right now. But the exercises is almost non-existent. I hurt my back over a week ago, and have been down. I did walk yesterday for the first time, and it felt great, but my back relapsed a bit last night. So, I guess I am back to resting it-UGH!

Just wanted to encourage you gals! Have a great Hump Day!

Replies

• cvillneauve
    Options
    Hello!

I have been dropping weight like crazy just because I have been eating super good. I started going to the gym this week finally. Eating better has provided me with more energy so I was able to get back at it. I feel terrific! I hope to go again tonight after I run everyone to their after school sports activities. Tomorrow I won't be able to because Thursday's are especially busy for me. I think I am going to try and make it there at least every other day for now. I don't want to push it too hard but I want to be consistent.

Have a wonderful Wednesday!!!
  • 1lisalou
    1lisalou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Been at the same weight since the beginning of the challenge. :( Good news is, I started P90X and am only a week in and can already feel and measure the changes!! Wahoo!!!
  • 1lisalou
    1lisalou Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey gals! Kind of quiet around here... Hope things are going well :)

I am doing great on my eating right now. But the exercises is almost non-existent. I hurt my back over a week ago, and have been down. I did walk yesterday for the first time, and it felt great, but my back relapsed a bit last night. So, I guess I am back to resting it-UGH!

Just wanted to encourage you gals! Have a great Hump Day!

Sorry to hear about your back. That can be frustrating and discouraging!! 16lbs lost, you are doing great! Hope the back feels better soon and lets you do what you want to do!
  • agrooters4
    Options
    I have not exercised and ate terrible. Gained two pounds :( But I'm not going to let that get me down. It's a new day!
  • moolio123
    Options
    Good to see people being positive. My weight seems to have stabilised but I am eating well and have lots more energy. I am walking a lot more too.

I'm waiting for a new dance class to begin in a couple of weeks and hope that an hour of dancing the Charleston will have some effect on my shape! It will be fun whatever the result.

What do you all plan to do when this challenge is over?
  • 1MTchocolatier
    Options
    Good to see comments from you girls. I have been out of the loop for a few days, we lost a dear friend to cancer. He was only 40. Makes me realize the importance of making every day count. Due to all this, I have lost motivation, but today is a new day and I believe I am back on track. Thanks for all the good encouragement.
  • moolio123
    Options
    Oh, I am sorry for your loss. That is cruel, to die so young. I hope you have lots of happy memories of your friend that will help sustain you and motivate you. :flowerforyou:
  • jezama77
    jezama77 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well, it seems like most people are like me, super busy! And with life complications to boot...it makes staying on track with weight loss challenging, but this group has been in the back of my brain as a piece of my motivation puzzle, so I thank you everyone! I have lots of people that encourage me in my health, but each one matters to me. I am known at work for eating well, so many people tell me about their struggles and discuss health issues with me. I also attend Weight Watcher meetings, my husband is also trying to lose weight, and I have a friend who has been serving as an accountability partner. :)

I have a funny 'will power' story to share!

I was at Dairy Queen with my two little girls (ages 7 and 4) and my mom. They all got something, then my friend Debbie who owns the DQ and goes to our church asks if I would like anything, but also says that I probably won't because I have such will power! I asked her if she had anything without dairy (I am a plant-based eater). She said yes, the slushes. I asked if she had anything without sugar! She then said, water! I ordered a water! :)

Moral of the story: I am now at the point where I can have it, but I don't want it. It's not will power anymore because I didn't want those foods. Yay! :)

As I type that story, I think I will share it to the motivation board as well because it is kinda funny and might motivate someone to see the light at the end of the tunnel!

Anyways, I wish everyone well and hope that we all finish strong this weekend! :)