Hip Labrum Tear and Others

Options
xstarxdustx
xstarxdustx Posts: 591 Member
Wondering if anyone has experienced a hip labrum tear, piriformis syndrome or any referred pain due to either (or both) of these issues?

What were some of the techniques you tried that worked or didn't work towards your recovery (ex. orthopedic physical therapy, osteopathic techniques, etc)?

In the end, were you able to recover without surgery or was hip arthroscopy (or some other related hip surgery) the only solution to you being able to return to exercise/physical activity?

Replies

• Khisalandra
    Khisalandra Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have a labral tear and a bony protrusion on the head of the femur in my right hip. I am currently undergoing testing to find out what the extent of damage is and if/how they can fix it. I had good luck easing some of the pain with physical therapy for 3 months, doing specialized stretches and a lot of walking when the pain wasn't too bad.

I've found that heat (heating pads, hot baths, hot tubs, etc.) definitely helps to ease the pain to at least some extent.

I actually go in for another MRI with contrast and a cortisone shot on Thursday. I'm hoping that whatever this one shows will be definitive and they can discuss options with me.